• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The crf450ish random question thread.

9 hours ago, TFaoro said:

You did download the APK from this forum and not the app store / play store correct?

Um no :doh:

Ill have to do it later. Not near a computer for the next several days. 

Edited by crf450ish

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 will be in my hands and on it's way to being installed by Tuesday afternoon. 

Has anyone here had success updating their iQuad app on their iPhone with the iOS API deal that @Me78569 posted in his how to flash windows 7/10 thread? 

Bottom of this post 

Edited by crf450ish

@TFaoro  do you think an S366 SXE  would be better than an S362 SXE? 

Just doing some research still on turbos

What does this option mean:

Borg Warner S300 T4 Turbine Housing Fits 80/73.4 Turbine Wheel 0.91 AR Divided Twin Scroll - 177208

I know what T4 means.  Will it be wise to choose this option and this turbo?  Paired with a set of 7 x 10's. 

http://dieselautopower.com/borg-warner-s366-sx-e-series-66-1-73-4-turbo-13009097049/

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

That's a lot of turbo for 7 x .010's  I would run the 62, I would guess you would be a lot happier.

I seriously cannot find ANY specs on my HX35 & other holset turbos that came stock on the Cummins trucks. 

I know my HX35W has a 12cm exhaust housing right? I'm highly ignorant about turbos ?

So if I choose this turbo like previously suggested http://dieselautopower.com/borg-warner-s362-sx-e-series-62-68-turbo-13009097056/

What would this option do? : 

Borg Warner S300 T4 Turbine Housing Fits 76/68 Turbine Wheel 0.88 AR Undivided Open Scroll - 177210

I'm thinking of the T4 for better flow when I go to twins later down the road. Just trying to plan carefully so I'm not spending $ twice. If I go T4, I'll get a T4 Stainless diesel manifold. 

EDIT: does T4 even result in more flow? 

Edited by crf450ish

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

Why would you want unnecessary lag?

I just don't entirely understand how turbos work. What option would you choose with that turbo? I am eventually getting 7x0.10s. I need to figure this turbo business out BEFORE I am ready to buy one so I don't jump the gun and buy the wrong one.

turbos work on pressure difference across the turbine.  

A t4 will flow more, but it will take more volume to get the same pressure.  IE it will take more revs to get the turbine moving.  If you had a need for the flow of a t4 then you might want ot consider it, but for your setup a t3 will flow more than enough for your power goals.  

Generally speaking there is no need for more than a T3 on a VP44 5.9 and single turbo

• Like 1

• Owner

Very common where people upgrade turbo way before needed. Like one gent I talked to upgraded turbos with +50HP injectors. He's wondering why it won't build boost like the old stock HX35W turbo did. Too big of a turbo will create much more lag and more issue with smoke because you'll have to build more drive pressure to build boost. 

Like myself I could upgrade but it leaves me hanging with even bigger problem of replacing the exhaust brake. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 8:13 AM, jlbayes said:

Gated t3 .70 or 12cm2 (they are the same just sold differently).

20 hours ago, crf450ish said:

I just don't entirely understand how turbos work. What option would you choose with that turbo? I am eventually getting 7x0.10s. I need to figure this turbo business out BEFORE I am ready to buy one so I don't jump the gun and buy the wrong one.

I told you in the post.

Having issues with my quad already. Installed it and went to start truck up...wouldn't start. Kept acting like I needed to bleed the injectors or something...unhooked the quad, both from the main hookup @ quad box & battery connections.....truck started right up....let it run for a few mins, turned off, hooked quad back up, then it starts....gauges work good etc...

Let it warm up...go to take off...no pedal response, check eng. light on....diagnostics on the iQuad don't seem to work...screen just stays blank. Is it possible this thing can cause my inj pump to fail? Yes I tapped the right wire...the same damn one my edge was tapped. 

Quadzilla said they flashed it with the V2 software....because I asked them to.  I chose exactly the vehicle profile what the little sticker on the side of the box said ......>>>V2.3!

What is going on here? 

I unhooked the quad a second time...tried to drive truck....acts like dead pedal...floor it and it slowly starts to speed up. 

No, this isn't user installation error either. 

Edited by crf450ish

Yep I read it.  Need some coffee.

@crf450ish

It's very likely that something got knocked adjar when installing things.  I've seen this numerous times.

The likeliness that something is damaged is next to none.

Give me some time to write up some things to check, but I would start by going over everything in the area again with a fresh set of eyes.  At 2 am it is easy to miss something, been there done that.

57 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Yep I read it.  Need some coffee.

@crf450ish

It's very likely that something got knocked adjar when installing things.  I've seen this numerous times.

The likeliness that something is damaged is next to none.

Give me some time to write up some things to check, but I would start by going over everything in the area again with a fresh set of eyes.  At 2 am it is easy to miss something, been there done that.

Ok I will go quadruple check everything.