• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just double checking on replacement doors

• Staff

It should work shouldn't it? I would take a measure tape and check all dimensions. Even go diagonal across the doors, like an X to measure to specific points and corners. Check hinges too.

If you get a good set of doors, I heard about a guy tired of the rust, found a way to get a spray coating of oil each year down inside the bottom of the doors. Not sure how he got access down in there.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

If you get a good set of doors, I heard about a guy tired of the rust, found a way to get a spray coating of oil each year down inside the bottom of the doors. Not sure how he got access down in there.

There are 2 vent holes at the bottom of the doors. Just squirt the oil in thru them. I have done it to mine. It helps if the truck is a little tilted then it will run the full length of the door. I started doing when I saw a little rust. Hope it helps

I am pretty sure they will work all the way back to a 94 providing they are from the same style cab. The reg cab doors are round on the bottom opposite the hinge.  Would not hurt to take some measurements though. I am sure someone here knows for sure.

Extended cab do not open. Quad cab do. As far as I know regular and extended cab doors are the same  and round on the bottom as stated above. Quad cab front doors are square on the bottom and the round part is on the back door. Pull out the plugs on the bottom and spray some rust preventive of you choice in there. Leave the plugs out to let any moisture drain out.

Make sure to get hinges as well, should save some headaches.  The dash needs to be partially removed to change front door hinges,

Compatibility is as follows 

96-02 2500 and 3500 96-2000 1500

All extended  (no rear doors) and regular cab front doors interchange.

Any quad cab doors interchange 

If the truck sees mud gravel sand or salt remove the rubber door wipe on the bottom of the door and carry a throwaway rag in the truck, that way whenever it rains or snows you wet that rag and wipe out the door sill and hinge crevices.  Carry a thing of wd40 or something like that and spray out weep holes once a month getting inside the door as well, hit hinges and latches also.  My driver rear quad door locked up all the time until I started this routine.

Right now I have 320k on the truck and it gets compliments on how clean it is once a week and often have to close their mouth when I tell them how many miles are on the truck 

Edited by WiscoRedkneck

that truck was an extended cab. I thought it was quad from pictures but I called and they said it was two door. 

I've pulled the passenger front and rear door off the truck. peeled back the door skin on bottom of the rear door and was able to clean out a lot of the rust between inner and outer shell. I may go ahead and buy the skin but I'm gonna let my body guy look at the clean up work I've done before I make that decision. Front passenger side will definitely need the inner/outer door skin patch panel so I've got a lot of work ahead but i think that door can be salvaged by patching it up at the bottom. in the meantime I'll keep on a lookout for salvage passenger door for cheap. I think I'm gonna linex the rockers just because I won't be able to stand chipping off the new paint job once I'm done. My dad had line x on his chevy and it looked great. Only thing I hate is that it will turn the silver two tone rocker to black. i don't think I want to paint match silver linex. I like the black look better for rockers with line-X. Will turn it to an all black truck but it will be worth it since rocks are tough on those curved rockers. If I could just get the doors patched and put back on so I can drive. That will comfort my soul give my wife the garage back! Lol.