• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash or dash cover

Looking at geno's and LMC replacement dash's and dash covers (cheaper!) I'm contemplating which route to go. Has anyone tried the dash cover and is it worth doing or should I bite the bullet and replace the dash?

I am not talking about the carpet dash cover. 

• Staff

I've been looking at the replacement dash for my truck.  Right now I've got a carpet dash cover that came with the truck when I bought it so you can't tell the dash is braking.  I've been going to the 'pick your part' salvage yards thinking may be I'll get lucky and find on there.  If I have to buy one I'd probably get it from LMC because it's all ready painted.       

• Like 2

I replaced my dash with a LMC replacement not a cover. I never entertained the dash cover just thought it would be a band aid until the oe dash rotted out from under it. I did not look for one in you pull it place because even if it is not cracked when find how long might it last. So I bit the bullet and bought a full replacement. Replacing it is not as bad as I thought would be. The $300 for the dash sucked but I am glad I did it. I also rebuilt my HVAC box while I was in there. That cost me about $250 more but I hope I never have to go back in there again. So dont let the job scare you off, if it is lack of cash the cover would be understandable. I should add I have no experience with the cover nor have I seen one in person.

• Like 1

My truck has one of the hard plastic covers.  The dealership installed it the day before I got it.  It's not bad, the casual observer probably couldn't tell it's a cover but the auto or detail oriented people like us would notice.  They didn't do the best job installing it though so it could have turned out better if someone who cared was installing it.  I plan on doing a full replacement dash this year. 

Edited by Sycostang67
  • Like 1