• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

• Owner

Like tonight I pissed off a truck with my HID's on low beam. He flip on his high beams then I blasted back with mine. Then all I saw was his arms stretch out like  :wtf: ... I know my lights are aimed properly but there is that rare times of angles on a grade than make them appear too high. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

there is that rare times of angles on a grade than make them appear too high

That's the only time I seem to piss someone off and flash me with high beams, I try to stay calm and not flash them back, but I did few times just for a moment to show them I was using low beam

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like tonight I pissed off a truck with my HID's on low beam. He flip on his high beams then I blasted back with mine. Then all I saw was his arms stretch out like  :wtf: ... I know my lights are aimed properly but there is that rare times of angles on a grade than make them appear too high. 

That's why it took me so long to get them adjusted. I don't want that to happen.  So far so good.  Probably passed 50-75 vehicles last night and no high beam flash.  

Driving the chrysler 300 we rented helped me see what a factory HID looks like.

L8tr

D

16 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

It is just a weird combination. The fogs did help the headlights look whiter.  On my truck just the opposite, 5000k headlights & stock fog light bulbs. Next upgrade is new fogs wth 5000k bulbs

L8tr

D

I had 8000k led on one of my 3500's, got pulled over by a trooper, told they were illegal and gave me a warning. I didn't argue with him and just took them out because they were blinding on coming traffic no matter the angle I set them at. We sometimes pull over the legal rate so, I don't need the attention it was already getting. Lol

That being said they were awesome though. I would use them again on a offroad truck!

3 hours ago, mopar440cu said:

I had 8000k led on one of my 3500's, got pulled over by a trooper, told they were illegal and gave me a warning. I didn't argue with him and just took them out because they were blinding on coming traffic no matter the angle I set them at. We sometimes pull over the legal rate so, I don't need the attention it was already getting. Lol

That being said they were awesome though. I would use them again on a offroad truck!

LED headlights or fogs?  I think there are few, if any, legal LED replacement bulbs for either.  Most are labeled as off road only. LED headlights can't be used in reflector housing as they scatter light too much.

L8tr

D

On 8/4/2018 at 10:27 AM, SilverMoose said:

LED headlights or fogs?  I think there are few, if any, legal LED replacement bulbs for either.  Most are labeled as off road only. LED headlights can't be used in reflector housing as they scatter light too much.

L8tr

D

They are headlight led’s. I just have them on a shelf in the barn. The trooper had an attitude and even went into saying my stack was illegal, etc etc. 

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

PIAA LED Fog or driving light are STREET LEGAL.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/187-LP530-3-5-LED-Driving-Light-Kit.aspx

This is what I'm running they are actually brighter than my Morimoto D2S HID's.

I knew you would come back with your reply.  That's why I was careful in my wording "replacement bulbs" :)

Headlight build is again on hold until I get a new retaining nut from Morimoto, as the little thin one stripped :spank:.  Meanwhile, I now have this: 

So if you care, come check out the newest level of degenerate shenanigans courtesy of me.  

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just in case anyone is curious, the pickup has been trouble free since the differential. Just ate a u-joint the other week, but that’s not much. 

Also. VP Max boots are very good at what they do. Didn’t blow off under this pressure 

AAC3A984-8704-45B5-9C66-96D36D12E96E.png

• Like 1

• Owner

:burnout2:80 PSI that's a lot of boost pressure. Wow!

Since I've done the head gasket on mine and the ARP studs I've been re-tuning and capable of spinning that HX35/40 up to 45 PSI as a small single. :whistle: The funny part, that only with 1,200us of wiretap. Then the other problem is the 245's don't like it much being they tend to lose grip with the asphalt. :burnout2: