• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to Dynamic!!

7 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Yes it is the hard line, I ended up using a T fitting and it has compression fittings on it.

Once it set up, it was good, but torquing the fittings was a bit.

I brought that up when I built my transmission, but they told me the double deep pan would give me cooler readings then the output line, which is coming right from the transmission. So So i can only wonder if Dynamic is talking about normal or double deep pans?

Thanks, I'll definitely bring that up to him when we talk next. I'm pretty sure I asked before and I think he did say to just run the temp out of the pan, but I'd be interested to hear his reasoning behind it if that's actually what he recommends.

45 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

Yep. I forgot what stage t is but it was $1,500 lol.  I never forget how much money things cost me 

Oh man, prices must've changed a bit since then. I think he said the Cascade was 1100 and the Goerend was 1400

Pretty sure mine is a Cascade too since I recall him mentioning they were built somewhere around here.  I would not have minded a Georend though.  Jon and Tony Garcin both recommended putting the sender in the pan.  Both also said they were more interested in what temperature fluid the clutches are bathed in.  I want to know the max temp the fluid gets to, especially now that apparently color is no longer an indicator of whether the fluid has been overheated.  Mine is in the hot line but I used a trick aluminum round block that Isspro makes.  Sender screws into it and then just clamp the whole deal on the hot line.  It does lose some max temp but eventually I am going to wrap it with some of that black insulation you see in the plumbing department which I think should mitigate most of the difference.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, crf450ish said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I bought My mag pan used in excellent shape on eBay, it did have the tapped port already, not sure if previous owner did it or if it comes like that.

Jon suggested Goerend flywheel because of their good rep. For $350, its cheap insurance on a $4,500 tranny...  

Two questions...

(1)   $4,500 trans...Last summer if I remember right around $3,500 for a "stag1" .  What all goodies are you getting for $4,500?

(2) Anybody have any good ideas to get a 3/4 ton from Seattle area to his shop?  OR what could possibly go wrong with  a local shop remove trans, then I'll take my trans over to him and bring it back to local shop and have trans install back in?

1 hour ago, Russ Roth said:

Pretty sure mine is a Cascade too since I recall him mentioning they were built somewhere around here.  I would not have minded a Georend though.  Jon and Tony Garcin both recommended putting the sender in the pan.  Both also said they were more interested in what temperature fluid the clutches are bathed in.  I want to know the max temp the fluid gets to, especially now that apparently color is no longer an indicator of whether the fluid has been overheated.  Mine is in the hot line but I used a trick aluminum round block that Isspro makes.  Sender screws into it and then just clamp the whole deal on the hot line.  It does lose some max temp but eventually I am going to wrap it with some of that black insulation you see in the plumbing department which I think should mitigate most of the difference.

Thanks for that info! I too wouldn't mind a Goerend but from what Jon's said, for the price difference you're really seeing nothing different performance wise so you're just paying for the name at that point. I still debate on it thinking if I'm already spending this much, why not a few more but we're not exactly talking chump change overall either haha 

1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

Two questions...

(1)   $4,500 trans...Last summer if I remember right around $3,500 for a "stag1" .  What all goodies are you getting for $4,500?

(2) Anybody have any good ideas to get a 3/4 ton from Seattle area to his shop?  OR what could possibly go wrong with  a local shop remove trans, then I'll take my trans over to him and bring it back to local shop and have trans install back in?

1. Sorta confused on what's being asked in the first bit, but 4.500ish from Jon will get you a stage 3 rated to 550-600ish hp. Triple disk converter, billet input, more clutchs, vb customization. 

2. If the trucks drivable just take her out there! 3 days is what he sets you up for in hopes the third days just a backup. Your other options up to you if you want/can shell out for the extra labor. Me personally, I'm driving out there and dropping off my truck to him and staying the week, but I'm also 6+ hours away from him.

I've seen a positive review from a shop in Marysville, Ed's I think? But clearly you can tell what my preference is as Marysville is just over an hour away from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notlimah said:

Thanks for that info! I too wouldn't mind a Goerend but from what Jon's said, for the price difference you're really seeing nothing different performance wise so you're just paying for the name at that point. I still debate on it thinking if I'm already spending this much, why not a few more but we're not exactly talking chump change overall either haha 

1. Sorta confused on what's being asked in the first bit, but 4.500ish from Jon will get you a stage 3 rated to 550-600ish hp. Triple disk converter, billet input, more clutchs, vb customization. 

2. If the trucks drivable just take her out there! 3 days is what he sets you up for in hopes the third days just a backup. Your other options up to you if you want/can shell out for the extra labor. Me personally, I'm driving out there and dropping off my truck to him and staying the week, but I'm also 6+ hours away from him.

I've seen a positive review from a shop in Marysville, Ed's I think? But clearly you can tell what my preference is as Marysville is just over an hour away from me.

Thanks...What I was quoted $ ($3,500) was for "stage 1" which is I understand  just a little bit above stock IMO.   HP you have to much for me, I'd get into to much trouble.  :burnout2:.  I just need something little bit heavier duty for 8,000 pound trailer. 

I'll probably park trailer at in-laws house (Spokane Valley or Veradale?) and have Dynamic  do his thing.  I'm also going thru him because...when I talked with him last summer I get the feeling he is trying to solve a problem for me versus when I talk shops around Puget sound I feel like I'm getting a sales job.

Edited by 015point9
  • Like 1

Gotcha! :thumb1:

It actually sounds like he quoted you for his stage 2 which he rates up to 450ish and is the same as I stated just without a billet input.

I'm 100% stock power wise right now, I'm just getting the trans ready for future power.

56 minutes ago, notlimah said:

MGotcha! :thumb1:

It actually sounds like he quoted you for his stage 2 which he rates up to 450ish and is the same as I stated just without a billet input.

I'm 100% stock power wise right now, I'm just getting the trans ready for future power.

Please post what you do for power and how it works out.  The 7/11 type store near the hiway stop sign has pretty good coffee IMO.

Guy in neighbor hood hauls vehicles around that car dealers buy from each other.  Mostly Seattle area and Portland, but he says he makes it to Spokane every now and then.  Thinking about getting my truck over there to have Dynamic work on trans, with no big rush. And call me when he's done.  Thereby missing inlaws.

Edited by 015point9

I'm planning on making roughly 450ish maybe 500 if I'm lucky with a 62/65/12, 7x.009-.010 injectors and quad adr. I'm sure I'll post more about specifics once it happens but after dropping the money for the trans, it's going to be a while before that happens haha

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

Are you planning to supervise this project? Haha 

:think:

Not entirely sure how to take that but no, not supervising by any means. Just want to try and learn some things about the transmission from Jon if I can.