• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

I am currently sitting in the camper in my driveway and continue to be impressed by my Lifeline GPL-6CT's. 

We are staying in the camper right now because our hardwood floors are being redone. I don't like to let the batteries sit on the converter after they are charged so on Wednesday I turned off the battery switch. The battery volt meter is powered by the converter so it's still on and 48 hours after charging stopped my batteries are at 13.16V!!

They aren't cheap but they do work really well!

Yea I would like to get a pair of those for my next camper.

My group 31 deep cycle does pretty well for the truck bed camper, but it's prob not up to the task for anything bigger.

Edited by Me78569

• 6 months later...

i don' t have those, but i do have 2x 6V batteries, and they are indeed awesome over a normal deep cycle 12V. we can usually go a week or more on batteries alone in the woods. mine are about 10 years old now, and when it's time for new ones i'ma look into the ones you posted about. 

Thanks.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Staff

Well they are still at it.  

Camper has been parked and batteries disconnected since the week after Labor Day, so I figured a top off cant hurt before it gets any colder. It’s already been down to 10°F several nights here.  

Batteries are chilling at 13.11V. 

Put the charger on just for fun anyways. 

• Owner

The batteries got ruined last fall in my RV. I stopped into the RV in Parma, ID fired up the furnace and set up the laptop on went to work. 3 hours later I packed up and left. Forgot all about the furnace being on. :doh: Of course, it ran till the propane was consumed and the blower continued to run attempting to heat without fuel. Something happened to my cord and lost city power. The blower ran to the batteries where dead. I mean ZERO volt dead. Even though now the RV is back home and plugged in the batteries charged up again I know their lifespan is ruined just like the ones in my truck. 

I know the next batch I'm going to 6V batteries. 

• Staff

Why is it that two 6 volt deep cycle in series are better than two 12 volt deep cycles wired in parallel? I know you can add up the amp hour ratings on series wired batteries, but stays the same on the paralleled units.

• Staff

Generally 2 6V’s will end up with a higher total amp hour rating than 2 simaler sized 12V’s. 

6V’s are also generally a true deep cycle battery, and can handle the abuses of a RV better. 

Unless you want to spend a lot of money it’s very hard to beat a pair of 6V golf cart batteries for amp hours, and durability. 

• Like 2