• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I ended up buying a 2007 Montana 3500rl 5th wheel. It's really nice and seems like something I can live in without feeling too much like trailer trash. Lol. $26,000. It's totally cherry. Has like 200 miles on it and has been thoroughly gone through by a retired RV guy doing it as a sideline.  It weighs about 10k empty. Not sure my truck is up to the task, but it's only going 30 miles and being parked. NADA is $29,000 and change. Big features are 4 slides, living room that has sliding doors to close it off, cold weather package, nice free standing oak dining table and chairs, desk in living room for computer. 

Living expenses will will be pretty low. Renting an apartment around here is a minimum of $1,000 per month. I have a place to park here in my hometown. Just kick them some money for utilities. If I wear out my welcome there, I know others. May be a semi long term solution. 

Edited by joecool911
  • Like 2

• Staff

Congrats on that. Sounds like you made a good choice, but watch those slides they tend to leak a little bit of cold air in winter. I think foam backer rod will help you for long term parking to stop the cold.

Also get to know those slides and the correct strip gear adjustments. Keep them lubed and run them every so often checking how they line up.

Any pictures?

• Staff

Sounds like a plan and big savings on housing.

How's the roof and what about sewer dumping?

JAG1 is right about the seals for the slides.  If you can cover them from the outside it will not only help eliminate cold air infiltration but prevent UV damage also. 

• Staff
2 hours ago, joecool911 said:

Roof has been inspected and sealed where necessary. Slides all have awning type covers on them. Sewer system is in a hatch. All weather resistant. 

The slides, even when new tend to be cold around the edges. Some of my buds tell me mostly at the bottom so they lay towels rolled up there. I like backer rod since it comes different sizes and easily stuffs in cracks and openings. Leave a small grab tail sticking out and you can pull it back out before closing the slide.

Here are some pics.

This one is a stock photo...not mine but same model. 

D42927D0-DCC0-4B06-9D7F-D9351FDB504C.png

26AD5D2F-158A-4826-A84D-85710601E911.png

48E18709-2A03-40FF-BCA2-AD76A1703182.png

It is NOT open concept. I wanted separation between living room and kitchen. Most units it feels like you're living in the kitchen. Also no bunk area to eat up living space. Only a hide a bed in living room. Even with sliding doors in the open position it feels good in the living room. Has white and black shades for each window. So you can get privacy or darkening as you desire. 

Edited by joecool911
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
9 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

I saw temp map on news this afternoon in that area showing 111!   It was 102 east of the couve at our place!  Waaaayy too hot fer this guy.   :mad:

I know the truth of the Oregon weather being I'm on the east side every other day and seeing 100-110*F temps in the cab of the truck sitting in the shade of a pine tree waiting for @MoparMom . Yeah it's been hot in Ontario, Oregon. Like yesterday it was over 105*F in McCall, Idaho. It was cooler down in Pollock, Idaho where I was doing the clutch job. 

As for RV A/C I'm trying to get some help from friends in Parma, ID so I've got a place to drag the RV for the eclipse event. The land owner (Gary) is going to rig me up a RV 30 Amp plug for my RV. I know that its going to hot as hell down there. I know my A/C will hold up but the best it can do is about 75-78*F inside on a 100-105*F day. This is only a single unit RV. Not bad...

• Haha 1