• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Apps Only reads to 64% Throttle

I am have a problem where my APPS never reads 100% throttle.  I am going to try and keep this short.  The truck is basically stock except for a Quadzilla Adrenaline.  The stock APPS sensor started acting up in Jan.  It was causing the truck to die will driving and lurk forward while stopped. I replaced it.  I thought everything was good.  2 weeks ago the truck started doing some hesitating.  Maybe once every 4 days or so. Then started doing it more will throwing the CEL, P0121. The truck would die and then once the idle was low would act like nothing happened.  I took the APPS back and got a new one.  Then notice while it was hooked to a computer that the throttle at full would only register 64% to 68%.  The Quadzilla would only see under data logging would only see the same.  I tried a third APPS sensor i borrowed from a 2003.  Still it would only see up to 68%.  I was told to put in a Timbo sensor.  I did and now i have not have any CELs but still the truck never sees full throttle.  Has anyone seen this happen before?  Am I missing something i should have looked at?

Thanks

Matt

Snapchat-254528649.jpg

I did the reset on the factory sensors when i installed them.  I just did the reset on  the Timbo sensor.  Same thing.  When the throttle is pressed at 100% the ecm is only seeing 64%.  I did take notice on the computer it will jump above 64% while being pressed but come right back down and stop at 64%. 

Thanks

Matt

I would check the 5v source to the apps wire. I don't know if the apps draws more amps when you go higher on the pedal, but it almost sounds like the power feed is not getting good connection or something.  I would prob the ecm to apps wiring with a multimeter.

• Like 1