• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

18 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

I actually have access to a Dyno near me 

How much do they charge per hour?  For the kind of testing I would want to do we're talking about at least 3 separate, hopefully similar, days on the dyno with three different sets of injectors.  Gets pricey when you start looking at all that time. 

And I know it could all be done in one day but I hate working on the truck when it's hot and would prefer to do all pulls when the truck is at a similar state ie coolant/oil temp yada yada.  I have a mustang dyno up the road from me I might see if I can touch base with the shop to work a deal.  Either way I'm sure it won't be cheap, but I would be interested in getting solid data to back up the duration claim and loss of hp at higher pop.  If we could quantify that then we might be able to give better recommendations in the future for injector size vs hp vs smoke.   

@dieselautopower or @Me78569 would you be interested in getting numbers to reinforce some of this or do you think it would be more noise at this point?

I will never yell about more data.  If there is a "considerable" difference in power between stock bar and 350 bar on 7 x .012's then we should see it in logs I will be taking.   

We might be missing some amount of difference in power by not testing on a street, but from my point of view, if it isn't a big enough difference to see on the street then we dont need to worry.  

I agree on all points, and at 110 an hour it would get pricey to get a good bit of data.  I'm thinking we could compare 7x.012 @ 300 and 350 at minimum to see what differences we are dealing with. I wonder if Chris would rework my 7x.009s to .012s @300 or 305.  Hmmmm 

@Carbur8tr My bud with the dyno is in the Houston area just wondering if you were closer than me. we could get some discount dyno time from him.

@kzimmer Injectors are boxed up and should go in the mail tomorrow. After closer inspection the bodies look good but the nozzles are a little nasty but we shall see if they are salvageable.

I would be interested if it's for the right price and within the next couple of weeks.  Problem I have with a lot of this is that I work too much so finding the time to work/play with the truck is limited. 

How much do you think he would charge?  Do you know what kind of dyno it is?

Its a dynomite dyno it is a load cell type I know for sure. Iv had my 12v on it in the past. I will get with him today and see what he can do. I also have a hard time making time but after Christmas my busy season will be over so ill have time to play.

27 minutes ago, dirty830 said:

@kzimmer Injectors are boxed up and should go in the mail tomorrow. After closer inspection the bodies look good but the nozzles are a little nasty but we shall see if they are salvageable.

Cool! Now I just need to find a second set of 7x.013's to set them up lol.

On 12/15/2017 at 3:32 PM, Me78569 said:

They have about 2k miles on them now from DAP . they are nearly new, I hope they are still popping at 330 bar

@jlbayes does DDP use sub stock pop pressures ?

No idea. After talking to Seth last week it seems to depend on end use. Like the ppump 24v stuff they pump up the pop to clean up nozzle haze. I do not have a line into DDP to ask them.

10 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

Typically we target 305BAR for 100HP and under, 310BAR for 150HP, and 315BAR for 250HP and up

Thank you for making this information readily available. Too many people try to keep this stuff a secret. We can all benefit from a little transparency.

15 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Thank you for making this information readily available. Too many people try to keep this stuff a secret. We can all benefit from a little transparency.

Lol! It's true! They act as if it's top secret and can't just be bought and tested by another shop!! 

Typically we target 305BAR for 100HP and under, 310BAR for 150HP, and 315BAR for 250HP and up

So you were already on the theory that some of us are trying too help to prove! Sweet

15 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Edited by Dodgeih