• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

I have tried every combination of to spec, a tad over, a lot over, along with different orders of tightening... I didn't change o rings because I have a cr head with custom tubes and the o rings that came with injectors are for vp tubes... But they are also only 5k miles old and I inspected closely and they looked great, then put a dap of oil on before I popped them in.... 

@Dodgeih have you inspected the injector yet to make sure that the mating surface isn’t compromised in any way? If you’ve checked everything else then that’s pretty much the last stop. It’s either that or you’re actual injector line is leaking due to a similar issue. 

On the haze note, they seem to be very comparable to the .009s I just took out, and better than the previous set of .012s I had from dap. I need to take another video when it’s warm. That was right after the install and there was still air in the lines so might have been part of what we were seeing. 

Edited by Carbur8tr

@Carbur8tr I haven't checked injector yet but like I said the tip on injector line has very small pitting..just picked up a set (used). They are getting shipped out today... I think that's my issue. But I will find out soon.. I will check my injector when I do lines and o rings thanks for the advice

10 hours ago, Ekillionc9 said:

im only on page 7 as ive just found this thread.  Ive been quiet for a while now.  I have  fuel boss mechanical pump setup i have a quad and a set of dap 7x11 sac. injectors and quad are great. truck starts way smoother and idles quieter.  I have the 6 speed and i have an offidle problem that i nearly have dialed out with the quad. It involves fueling and timing adjustments. i have noticed however that it idles most of the time at 15.5 deg timing. the few times it drops to 11.6 it drives and takes off way smoother and antistall works great.  hpw do i adjust idle timing?  im interested in some testing and whatnot but need help with a dual disk clutch and headstuds for the project.

Idle timing is largerly based on IAT and ECT temps.  are both sensors working %100?  15.5* of timing at idle tells me that either the truck is cold  during these times or you have a bad sensor.  

I def need to make my own thread. I would also like to have a YouTube channel. But I'm so busy I don't have time for either unless I can get a camera guy to follow me around. I wanna check out the video on the sensors for sure. I don't know for sure why my timing is so high at idle. Temps are negative and single digits here in Indiana but at certain times it will be hovering at 15 and with a blip of the throttle or a restart from say a drivethru and timing will drop back down. I would like to start making graphs for my data logging but I don't have Excel and don't really want to pay $150 just for the option of graphing. Really the antistall is the only problem I have with the 7x11 dap sac injectors. And like I said in my previous post I almost have it dialed out to where the trucks drives just like stock. Time will come and I will get a thread going and elborate more on my setup and future mods. 

Edited by Ekillionc9
  • Like 1

You can create charts using open office or libre office, both are free.   I use excel because I have it.  

I would just say your timing differences are IAT temp related,   you will have to datalog to confirm, but it sounds like typical behavor.  

Little bit of driving.  Still working on the tune and I know most of you will wonder why I'm only at 80% here and really I'm just trying to recreate the same "feeling/smoke" as what I saw with the 7x.009s.  Even at 80% I am seeing 43-45 PSI so I don't plan to go much further until I can work out the details on compounds or a larger single.  (More than likely it will be back to compounds)

Fuel Load Timing 1
Low PSI Timing Reduct 4
Timing Reduct Scaling 80
LightThrottle Timing Adv 1
Light Throttle Limit

Timing

1500RPM 16
2000RPM 21
2500RPM 23
3000RPM 26
MAX 30

Canbus

0 PSI 65
1 PSI 63
2 PSI 64
3 PSI 65
4 PSI 66
5 PSI 67
6 PSI 68
7 PSI 69
8 PSI 70
9 PSI 71
10 PSI 72
11 PSI 73
12 PSI 74
13 PSI 75
14 PSI 76
15 PSI 77
16 PSI 78
18 PSI 79
20 PSI 80
22 PSI 80
24 PSI 80
26 PSI 80
28 PSI 80
30+ PSI 80

Edited by Carbur8tr
Hit the wrong button.
  • Like 1

Initial thoughts:

I think with the SAC even at the high bar there is just a certain amount of smoke that we will never be able to clear. I plan to pull back timing reduction to see if that helps and maybe lull the mid range just a little.  Most of the smoke is from 5-15psi range so I think if I take a little out of this area then I should be able to clean it up a little more.

Starts:  No difference here.  It should be in the 20s here tomorrow so we will have a good test to see how this has been effected

Idle: Is fine, nothing odd or out of place

General driving:  More power all around from top to bottom.  Turbo spool is incredible even under light throttle, huge difference.

Overall: Very pleased with the exception of the off idle delay that I'm trying to fix.  @Me78569 we have talked about the off idle lull before but I have never had to deal with it until now, any suggestion on making this better?

Edited by Carbur8tr

2 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

Starts:  No difference here.  It should be in the 20s here tomorrow so we will have a good test to see how this has been effected

Ughhh lucky! Lol

I hope I can weigh in soon. I feel like im getting left in the smoke (or lack thereof)