• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weak VP44?

Haha I know all too well of being wrong all the time. On the last 2 hours of the drive and she feels great. I'm at 16,210lbs gvw and these compounds keep me right at 900-1000f for my EGTs pulling a 6% grade for 6 miles. Extremely impressed with towing for 40 hours straight

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cronus577 said:

Yes sir, well Puyallup, haven't been calculating MPG right now but not good having to fill up every 2 hours. Was going to add up all the receipts and calculate MPG that way using our route. But I actually feel a HUGE difference in not only power & torque, lower EGTs, quicker turbo spooling, and lower canbus fueling numbers after I unscrewed the fuel cap. I was using 5th until I hit California and they have a 55mph max towing speed, plus their highways are bumpy and destroyed. So I think the issue has been resolved. First idle torque taking off went from having to run 1500 rpm and slowly engage The clutch to being able to start to pull this trailer up a hill from a stop without touching the throttle, thanks a ton @Mopar1973Man@dripley and @JAG1 been dealing with this issue for around 2 years thinking it was the VP. Kind of mind boggling something like a tank vent come cause such significant issues to performance., 

Iwould have never thought about the tank vent ever causing this big an issue but thank you guys so much! Now I can teach my wife how to drive a manual and this dual disk clutch thanks y'all as well!

Cool, that's a nice area. I'm a bit north of you but nice to see more guys on here in the general area.

Also, glad you got your issue fixed! Sometimes it's the smallest things that are easiest to overlook.

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

finding a cap that has it's own one way vent, you'll need to go to auto parts and keep trying till you find one that fits. I got lucky and found mine laying on the ground at a filling station, so I don't have a part number

Lol just found one randomly and thought "Send it!"? Haha. Will definitely try to find a vented cap soon, honestly would rather not try to deal with the vent itself. Will drill a hole in mine now just as a temp fix

• Like 1

• Staff