• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

iQuad User interface

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I need to bring this up to @Quadzilla Power ... The user interface is needing some clean up.

Vehicle Selection - Way too many Dodge versions floating in the vehicle selection. I've seen several times where people are asking which version do I use to get X new function. This needs to be cleaned up. Just in V2 there is 2.2, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.7... The vehicle listing should be separated Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. Then the versions of code V1 needs its own category then V2 in its own category. This will reduce the amount of problem for newbies and know what to pick. Any BETA version should be listed in a separate category.

Menu Icon - Menu icon size never got resolved even with a newer phone switch from LG G3 to LG G5 its still tiny icon. With my phone case on its even more difficult to get the menu to pop up.

Hidden timing feature - This needs to be changed up as well. I noticed that @Me78569 added a stock offset feature only if the other settings are set to ZERO. This will go unnoticed by many people. I highly suggest you add a toggle or switch to change the parameters on the screen so it's more user-friendly.  

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 9:29 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I need to bring this up to @Quadzilla Power ... The user interface is needing some clean up.

Vehicle Selection - Way too many Dodge versions floating in the vehicle selection. I've seen several times where people are asking which version do I use to get X new function. This needs to be cleaned up. Just in V2 there is 2.2, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.7... The vehicle listing should be separated Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. Then the versions of code V1 needs its own category then V2 in its own category. This will reduce the amount of problem for newbies and know what to pick. Any BETA version should be listed in a separate category.

Menu Icon - Menu icon size never got resolved even with a newer phone switch from LG G3 to LG G5 its still tiny icon. With my phone case on its even more difficult to get the menu to pop up.

Hidden timing feature - This needs to be changed up as well. I noticed that @Me78569 added a stock offset feature only if the other settings are set to ZERO. This will go unnoticed by many people. I highly suggest you add a toggle or switch to change the parameters on the screen so it's more user-friendly.  

Vehicle Selection - way too many V2 vehicles to choose from. --- You are 100% correct. One of the Quadzilla Only test versions is going to go away as soon as we get the version 2.7 stuff figured out properly. The other one is for testing purposes and will stick around.  The other versions (not Quadzilla Only) should have been cleared up already, however, if they were already downloaded to your phone or tablet, they will still be there until you clear the data from the app (which also deletes all your tunes so be careful if you do this). This is further complicated by the 4k stuff. But for now, there should be 5 V2 vehicle profiles, one of which is going away.   Modifying these to be in separate categories will be kind of a major change (similar to when we moved from /iquad/ to /iquadv2/). Once we get rid of the other V2 tunes, it shouldn't be a big deal. We will need to include better instructions about V2 stuff for new units in the box. 

menu Icon. -- I can't agree more. We have a tablet where the icon is relatively huge, way too huge frankly, then on my phone it looks tiny. Its easier to press the three button menu than the gear icon and not all devices have that option. I have requested the developer make changes to this multiple times, but it never seems to get done. I will ask again and provide better files for it when I can. 

Hidden timing feature is a tricky one. Already we have a hard time explaining all of the features. The hidden easy tune feature would make it easier for those and a toggle would make that easier, but implementing the toggle is where the hard part is. For now, I'm content to keep this a hidden feature available to those who take the time to search for answers from the forums. The one point of controversy that I have with the feature is that it could potentially be used unintentionally by the uninformed. However, ME made a good job of implementing strict protections around the values to keep the user from hurting himself when using this method. 

the hidden timing function is a semi protection thing honestly.  if a guy just sets everything to 0 because he "doesn't know" then we would want to keep the oem timing pull under high load situtations rather than sticking to a timing curve that is %100 related to rpm.  the guys who want that %100 related to RPM will know enough, in theory, to set one of the values to something, even .01*   

6 in one had half dozen in the other.  

• 1 month later...

I agree, can we get all the other vehicle profiles off there, old versions like 1.9, 2.2, 4k when I dont have a 4k box (unless I can run it, then please give me the option), and if its safe to run v2.7 write Beta or something in the selection name. Dont write Quadzilla Only Test 2 because that to me does not align with what Beta is. I just figured out why the custom tunes wernt populating in the Custom Tuning list, its because I wasnt on v2.7. And I wasnt on 2.7 because it says Quadzilla Only........ 

Better yet, If the user could rename and delete profiles that would be great. I noticed I can't rename custom tunes once they are made. I like proper capitalization on my name's and when I gen up a profile quick without it and end up keeping it, it's a lot of work to redo the thing all over again (plus I can't because the name would be the same just with letters capitalized), because I can't import tunes the easy way on the Amazon Fire it's all gotta be inputted from A to Z.

Edited by rogerash0
  • Like 1

To bring this full circle, Ive just spent the last two hours of my life trying to update my quadzilla to the Beta 2.7 and I may already have it because I updated my device when I first got it four wks ago, but dont remember what version I updated it to. All I know was it was the latest "v2" which may have been 2.5 or the 2.7, Im not sure. For all I know I dont need to update again because Beta 2.7 is already loaded. All I know is the screen says Quadzilla Only, so Im staying out of it. I formatted too many computers as a kid before I could read, so now I do as I should and stay out when it says to stay out.

The ADRV27final.exe cant find my device, and I hear Windows beeping it in and out.. and I've done an update before. Ive got admin rights on and compatibility mode on, and its not coming up as a missing device needing drivers in Device Manager. The software side of things is really driving me crazy. So many companies fall on their face when it comes to software, which I understand, is not easy to have dialed in with the extreme amount of different environments. But Im running a dedicated, updated, mainstream Windows 10 OS here..........

again the profile version and hte base flash version do not have to equal each other.  the 2.5 version vechicle profile is the public release version, which is backwards compatible with the 2.7 base flash.   I get the confusion, but there was never supposed to be a match between the iquad profile and the base flash.   

if you want a stable flash release that is the 2.6 release in hte downloads section.  The 2.7 is stable for the most part, but there is an ios bug that needs to be sorted.  

please also remember that there are guys with 4k boxes still, guys with v1 tunes still,  Quadzilla can't delete the profiles they use and try to force update people.    There is no good way for the box to tell the screen what base flash is loaded, and what profile needs to be used.   The V2 profiles are clearly marked and there are only 2 of them. fixing the vehicle list for you will break it for 1000's of others.

Edited by Me78569

again the profile version and hte base flash version do not have to equal each other.  the 2.5 version vechicle profile is the public release version, which is backwards compatible with the 2.7 base flash.   I get the confusion, but there was never supposed to be a match between the iquad profile and the base flash.   

I understand and know/remember you already told me this. It just adds to the source of my confusion as to if I was running v2.5 or v2.7. Theres an app verison #, a vehicle profile version #, and a firmware version # which I wish I could pull up in the app or wish it would correlate to the vehicle profile version.

And I hear ya on the vehicle profile list.

Edited by rogerash0

there is a build data field in the data log.  that will tell you what date the flash was created on.     You can't correlate to a vehicle profile as the profile is what defines sensors, but not the tuning.  

@Mopar1973Man  I found the issue that causes the app to not connect for a prolonged period.    If you key on and the app starts to connect and load the tune ( if you have the beta release of the app you can see the status bar)  then you crank and for whatever reason it takes longer than a few seconds for the crank start the engine, then the tune load will stall out as power to fuse 9 is pulled during cranking and the box under the hood goes into sleep mode.  If this happenes then the app goes into a weird stuck mode.  If you were running the apk without the status bar you would think the app "is just not connecting"  when in actually it connected, and started loading the tuning variables then power was cut and hte app got stuck in a loop waiting for hte next tuning variable.

Quadzilla is aware of the bug now that they can reproduce it.  

• Like 2

Yep. I just got word though that our developer is out until January :doh:

Its going to take some time to fix this bug. Work around for now is to wait until after your done loading the tune then start cranking. Its stinky and I don't like it, but it should keep you from freezing on the app for this issue. 

• Like 1

so long as crank times are less than ~5 seconds or you don't key on and back off within ~1 minute of the quad making a connection you will never see this issue.  

It is however what causes that frustrating issue.  Same thing for freezing while changing power levels 5 minutes down the road.