• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd Gen ECM reman from Cummins (price)

Mark,

If you are looking for the ECM (Electronic control module # 3947412 it is available as a rebuilt Cummins ECM
Part # 3946242RX.

Description                                        Part #                    Price                                      Availability        
Electronic Control Module           3946242RX          $ 2468.68                             Memphis
Core Charge                                       3942336D             $ 281.25
Calibration charge to calibrate the ECM.                $250.00

We would have to get the ECM from our Memphis Factory.
Two weeks out on a stock order to Cummins Sumner with no incoming freight. OR next day air freight will be 10% the price of the part $246.87.
The Cummins shop will have to Calibrate this for you. $250.00 and will take us approx. 1 day to get calibrated.

Thanks,
 Dan

I contacted Cummins to see about a replacement ECM.  They have them for $2700.  The 3946242RX part number also goes by ENCORE CM551A.  But then I also see a 3942860RX (CM550) that also claims to work with a VP44 for $1500.  And also a 3944124RX for $1300.  But these other two, I have no compatibility info on.

I love how the overnight shipping for a 5 lb. part is $250. 

Going by your part number it looks like you have an '01. I just went through the same thing for my '02. They quoted me 2500 bucks plus programming  and said there was only one left in Memphis at the time. I ended up going the "aftermarket" route and ordered one from goecm.com  Not to impressed with them thus far but if it shows up and works and I get my core refunded then I have nothing to complain about. You may want to check out RAEdiesel.com as well. They don't charge a core upfront and seem to be a legit company. One year warranty as opposed to lifetime with the other but what good is a warranty if it fails 6 times or you have to fight them on it. I stressed about the whole thing for a couple weeks and after finally realizing I didn't have much choice in the matter I gave in and finally bought one. I feel your pain in trying to weed through what seems to be an extremely shady industry of car electronics. 

• Like 1

Back in 09 when mine went it was vrtually unheard of and i found no help anywhere I turned. It was a frustrating and expensive experience. I was fortunate when the second one failed as to the shop I ended up at. I got very lucky on that. He got me one thru cummins, programmed and installed for 1400 bucks.

Man I need to look at to look at the article data base more. I do remember this now, but my CRS keeps getting in the way. Thanks for the reminder Mr Ocean. Unfortunately I have nothing good to add to the list.

7 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

You may try these guys, they have done quite a bit of work without issue. Contact them first though and let me know. @marked23

I can't  remember if I saw that article or not.  I don't remember it, but I wish I did.  Place I'm dealing with wanted 600 or 650 to rebuild my old one.  They claimed they didn't need my vin number either and the what ifs have been running through my mind ever since then.  Hopefully it shows up tomorrow and all is well.  I'll be calling up that auto computer exchange if not, but I'm sure at this point it will be one heck of a fight trying to get my money back.  I need to stay off the internet for awhile....  To the original poster I think the best way to feel all these companies out is to just arm yourself with as much info as possible about your specific issue and then call around and ask questions.  It will be very apparent over the phone who knows what they are talking about and who will tell you anything for your money.  I called three companies from Florida and didn't get a great feeling on them so maybe that's why I somehow overlooked this auto computer exchange?  Past experience from others in this area is gold.  Just be sure the ecm is for sure your problem before buying something because it will be a very sour experience for you and the company if that's not your issue.