Double check the ECT connection make sure both connections have locked together. If the ECT lead is OPEN you get the pegged coolant gauge.

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Double check the ECT connection make sure both connections have locked together. If the ECT lead is OPEN you get the pegged coolant gauge.

I'll check that now. Does it matter if the switch is plugged into the harness? It currently is not plugged in. However high idle has not been flashed on yet. 

If the ECT line is open it does matter... It must connect to the sensor one way or another. It doesn't matter if the flash is done or not. You can still use the OFF and MPG mode. The 3 CYL and 6 CYL just will not respond. Again make sure all connection are hooked up the truck will be fine and drive without codes.

Ive been following these high idle  threads

Can you explain what happens in the MPG mode and is it used for getting better fuel mileage or something else?

Edited by GSP7

Must a diablo power puck be unplugged prior to plugging in the smarty? 

If yes, it has two locations it plugs in. Do I just unplug both of those and not plug anything into those locations? 

Edited by Red Rambler

I have completed my install and tested the high idle. All works as it should. Very easy to install and plenty of loom for the location I installed my switch at. I did not unplug the power puck. Also my check engine light is no longer on, it must have been due to not having the switch plugged in. 

IMG_0627.JPG.4dd5542ef05c86f270df2d454d037c7a.JPG

Edited by Red Rambler

Question: After starting a vehicle in 3cyl high idle mode, how long does it take for the various stages to kick in?

48 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Question: After starting a vehicle in 3cyl high idle mode, how long does it take for the various stages to kick in?

Mine was idled up to 1200 RPM's roughly two minutes after starting and running in 3cyl mode. 

Can you explain what happens in the MPG mode and is it used for getting better fuel mileage or something else?

40 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Simply... It fools the IAT to a higher temperature to imitate summer conditions which retards the timing. Excessive timing tends to pull the MPG's down. 

1 hour ago, Red Rambler said:

Mine was idled up to 1200 RPM's roughly two minutes after starting and running in 3cyl mode. 

Then why the hell haven't I bought one of these yet? Lol.

• Haha 1