• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door wiring for lighted mirrors

Nuke,

The only problem I see with this once the running lights are energized, the turn signal will not make it flash.  It might "brighten" a tad due to the dual sourcing of 12v input, but nothing kills the constant power from the running lights.

You could do something like this with one relay per side. 

image.png.497437f6d81d944f35a9eb4d63e03f16.png

To get all you want will take a bit of thinking....  hmmmmm,  Sorry not as much help as I thought I was... This is kicking my butt....  Two relays per side isn't working properly in my mind....  its getting expensive....

Merry Christmas though!  I will keep thinking....

Hag

28 minutes ago, Haggar said:

Nuke,

The only problem I see with this once the running lights are energized, the turn signal will not make it flash.  It might "brighten" a tad due to the dual sourcing of 12v input, but nothing kills the constant power from the running lights.

True, but these trucks don't shut the turn signal right off when the park lamps are on, or at least my 99 doesn't. They simply fluctuate between dim and full power, so the mirror puddle lights will imitate this via the resistor. 

OP, you may even consider picking up a 150 ohm resistor as well, they're pretty cheap so just experiment with them and see which one gives a more distinguishable flash while not dimming the park lights down too much. I used a 100 ohm when I did mine and if I were to do it again I would definitely use higher resistance.

• Owner
On 12/21/2017 at 1:42 PM, nukethenazis said:

You'll need to get 4 12v or higher, 1 amp diodes and 1 12v, 125 ohm resistor, all of which can be had from The Source I believe. 

Solder them together like this: 

QOR6oIA.png

I pulled the bezel off and pulled the headlight switch right out because of my OCD, and if I can recall correctly (didn't tear my dash apart to check), I tapped the 'park lamp replay output' black w/ yellow tracer wire for the park light power source, as seen on the headlight switch connector here:

qsaCAdJ.png

You may be able to trace the wire down near the steering column area for easier access, but I thought it was pretty well buried, which I why I went up the dash to the headlight switch. 

Lastly, the right and left turn signal wires are very easy to get at, right on the steering column. They are the small, tan and light-green wires respectively, just be sure to check everything beforehand with a multimeter. 

2OVlBKm.png

The original idea was from a gentleman, can't remember his name or find the thread, on the CF who did this to his 3rd? gen ~ credit goes to him.

Captured and moved to the article database. Thank you!

• Like 1