• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have been looking at my boost gauge (adrenaline pulse monitor) and I haven't seen go pass 15 to 16 psi and thats steping on it on the hwy , its usually always around 5 to 8 . Sorry for asking this dumb questions but just trying to understand boost better Is this normal boost what I have? I am also asking this because on most of the tread I read that have to do with boost every body talks about getting 25 psi or 30ish psi reading , Is there some thing I need to check ? what is a boost elbow do I need one? Thanks for your comments.

the "boost elbow" is only for HX(manual trans) and HY(autos) need a "j hook".they both work by restricting the airflow to the wastegate(effectively keeping it closed at higher boost). remember, that without a chip that does boost fooling, this will not help anything as the ECM will see boost and 20 and defuel to lower boost level to stock

With your mods. on your truck you should see higher boost than that. My truck is is back to stock except for BHAF, 5" Exhaust, airdog, BD intake, RV275's and I see 10 psi just shifting gears and wot 23. No boost elbow pulled it out, no good with out programmer. But my truck weighs a lot, loaded9k easy.Check your boost boots, the driver side down by the fender will usually be the first to go.

• Like 1

• Owner

I have been looking at my boost gauge (adrenaline pulse monitor) and I haven't seen go pass 15 to 16 psi and thats steping on it on the hwy , its usually always around 5 to 8 . Sorry for asking this dumb questions but just trying to understand boost better Is this normal boost what I have? I am also asking this because on most of the tread I read that have to do with boost every body talks about getting 25 psi or 30ish psi reading , Is there some thing I need to check ? what is a boost elbow do I need one? Thanks for your comments.

You might consider to check for boost leaks... Even with a stock truck you should be able to hit 18-19 PSI. Then with a boost elbow stock you will got to about 23-24 PSI... Now add a box (Adrenaline) you should be tipping 34-35 PSI easy... My Edge Comp on 5x5 can tag the 34 mark most times. So... * Check for boost leaks. * Check/Install for boost elbow. * Wire Tap on the VP44 good? * Crank up the box!
  • Like 1

Ok I will check the boots for leaks first , and on the vp44 tap I got the stealth cover on and when I installed it I check the connection with circuit tester and it was good should I tighten it a little more ? And I am ordering a boost elbow tomorrow. But first of all I try cranking the box up and see if any changes I have been keeping it on level 1 for fuel milage. Does any body have a good source for some good quality boots?

My Edge Attitude w/ Juice changes the maximum boost per level I am fairly sure. With it set on 0 I believe I get 18psi. With it set on 5 I can hit the mid 30's. I typically run level 3 and it tops out in the mid 20's. This may just be the required fuel it takes to hit these numbers, but it sure seems like it is controlling it.

I just got my new boots today and went straigth to install them but I found out pretty quick that they are not that easy to install :ahhh: took me like an hour and half to install the passenger side doing the other side tomorrow. But I am seeing that since this boots are thicker they dont flush as good as the OEM ones , the only one that dosent flush that good is the one on the intercooler it goes all the way in but theres like a very tiny space on the top between the edge of the boot and the edge of the border . All the clamps are sitting completly were they are supposed too so that comforts me I did tight them pretty good ,does any body know if they have to be torqued .

• Owner

I just got my new boots today and went straigth to install them but I found out pretty quick that they are not that easy to install :ahhh: took me like an hour and half to install the passenger side doing the other side tomorrow. But I am seeing that since this boots are thicker they dont flush as good as the OEM ones , the only one that dosent flush that good is the one on the intercooler it goes all the way in but theres like a very tiny space on the top between the edge of the boot and the edge of the border . All the clamps are sitting completly were they are supposed too so that comforts me I did tight them pretty good ,does any body know if they have to be torqued .

Answer is... With the clamps in position, tighten the clamps to 11 N·m (95 in. lbs.)

Installed mine the other day and your right, there not that easy to install are they!:banghead: I had to take about 3/4 of an inch off the drivers side boot, just seemed to long and if I put it up against the old one, it was easy to see it had to be shortened. One thing that made it wasier for me was I have the fenders and the front stripped off so i just took the bolts otu for the rad support and pulled it ahead a bit so I could get the boot started:thumbup2: Very anxious to get it back on the road because I haven't driven it yet getting full boost with my programmer:woot:

Wow what a difference !:thumb1: Does boots and boost elbow did make a nice change , My boost now goes up pretty quick I have hit 22 psi just here around the block now I can definitely feel a difference . I will be makeing a 2000 mile trip next week thats round trip I hope all goes well . Thanks for all the advice.

Wow what a difference !:thumb1: Does boots and boost elbow did make a nice change , My boost now goes up pretty quick I have hit 22 psi just here around the block now I can definitely feel a difference . I will be makeing a 2000 mile trip next week thats round trip I hope all goes well . Thanks for all the advice.

yup ya had a tear or two huh? on my old 02 on 35's and the quad on level 3, i was able to get about 23 when i got into it...i'd figure w/ a lil more fuel from the RV's you could prolly push the wastegate up to about 25ish....get that elbow on and crank the tuner up to 9 but don't play around too much...you'll get better fuel mileage doin that than you will on level 1...so i've heard...

• 3 weeks later...

i am a little confused about the boost fooler. i can hit 30 psi without any boxes, the guy at the bosch rebuild place unhooked my wastegate , and i have not had a problem with it defueling that i have noticed,but i do not know what the previous owner did to it other than the obvious afe intake and 4" straight pipes.i did install rv 275 injectors.could there be a program downloaded that i do not know about that would keep it from defueling?