• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

BUG - Quadzilla high idle while rolling

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

This is for sure a bug I'm able to repeat consistently. If I wait the 30 seconds to engage the Quadzilla high idle which it slams fairly violent to 1,200 RPM. After Quadzilla starts high idle I can put the transmission in gear either forward or reverse and let out the clutch. Speed is shown on both the Quadzilla and the dash cluster and the Quadzilla is not canceling high idle. 

Flash with the version I posted this afternoon 2.7.6.  The high idle state was looking for speed to trigger, but not to cancel.    Kinda the same logic as the high idle switch not canceling.   

I also fixed the jump of rpms.  It doesn't jump on my truck let me know what happens on yours.

IT also has yet more improved fueling handoff between the quad and ecm.

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

stop deleting it lolol  or go to your good willnext time and buy the cheapest windows xp machine you can find.  $25 and done

And here's a GREAT FML moment.... lol green is what is added, red is removed.  Thats ADR1000 vs current V2, and that's only the fueling and timing logic.  none of the communication code
Capture.PNG

• Owner

Sad to say the rolling with high idle still continues. The ramp up works it's a bit milder and not a violent thump like before. I got to the end the driveway and rowed gears without ever touching the throttle. No amount of speed will cancel this. Then I came back home for about 0.1 mile drive so it still cold. Checking my fog lamps aim and it started back up on high idle like it should. Tap the throttle and it let go and proceeded to park in the garage. Just as I was backing in the high idle jump up again good thing I good with a clutch that could get ugly for someone. I got into the garage tap the throttle TWICE it would not return to a normal idle remained on high idle. So I shut the key off and tapped the throttle and it died like it should. 

So be aware there is throttle cancel issue now and also rolling and not canceling.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

stop deleting it lolol 

No, Microsoft has to quit deactivating my copy of Windows. I own the damn copy but no... They think I'm hacking it and hijacking there code. Not even true. I LEGALLY own Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 Home. Every time I turn around Microsoft tells me it no longer activated. Stupid Microsoft... 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:34 PM, Me78569 said:

alright I tested it and the issue is fix, The version I uploaded ~1 hour ago had some beta code that cases a lope at 1200 rpm.  

I reuploaded with the beta code commented out.  Go ahead and redownload and you should be good.

Are you speaking of 2.7.6 Final Release or is this some other flash 

thsi one

I am pretty proud of this.  The offidle handoff is VERY hard to feel now.   I can feel it by brake boosting, but not on the street.   It has rpm based fueling smoothing and TPS based fueling smoothing in the near idle situtations.  

I know how much you like flashing, but I updated it again :)

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

Fixed the rolling high idle issue. It now cancels like it should.

Now the high idle doesn't hold idle speed anymore. So once it jumps to 1,200 RPM and I drop the exhaust brake on it then it falls to 950 to 1,000 RPM's. The previous version worked correctly now this version the RPM's is sagging.

Lotta work to rewrite it all.  Issue is you need less fuel at 1200 rpm than 750 rpm.  So if add fueling via loop it will ramp out of control.  

Use the high idle switch.  What I do is set the turbo timer to 400* then just key off and let oem high idle kick on.  

• Owner

Weird. This morning tried again got the same 1,200 RPM without exhaust brake and turned ON the exhaust brake it dropped to 950 to 1,000 RPM for about a full minutes then amped up to 1,200 RPM with the exhaust brake turned ON. Ok, so it still works just has a lag to get up to full 1,200 RPM with exhaust brake on. Now after getting that all done. I turned OFF the exhaust brake so the cooldown timer could take over. Turned the key OFF and removed my keys. 30 Second later the high idle amped up and the truck refused to turn off. So I had to go back out tap the throttle to shut it down. Still got some bugs in there it's working but not great.