• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need HELP With Vulcan Intercooler Boots

1 minute ago, dripley said:

two pieces of 1/2" foam is much easier on this old man.

ramps here for the Saturn.

grand children are a big help. Though the first time I dropped and re installed the NV5600 it was the wife's #5 shoe with a swift kick in the tail shaft that got it to seat against the bell housing.

Nice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leety said:

Nice!

That was a good day with the family and the only time i have ever spent time under the truck with her. Me and grandsons got that beast on there but just could not seem to get it that last half inch and see just jumped under there kicked the **** out of it and bam it mated. I was some what astounded, but very happy.

3 minutes ago, dripley said:

3 minutes ago, dripley said:

That was a good day with the family and the only time i have ever spent time under the truck with her. Me and grandsons got that beast on there but just could not seem to get it that last half inch and see just jumped under there kicked the **** out of it and bam it mated. I was some what astounded, but very happy.

Fun story!

19 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Edited by leety

17 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

When should they be replaced?  

Age?

Miles?

feel mushy?

Those are good questions, I have no idea..

One of mine sprung a leak from rubbing on the fender edge (driver's side @ the intercooler.)

My truck has just short of 100k miles on it so I decided to replace them all.  They were all mushy.  Perhaps it was overkill but I like it when things work as they were intended to and last as long as possible.

Mine had a little over 400k on the oe. The ac line on the passanger lower side had cut into it. I had the radiator and intercooler out to reseal the front of the motor and just replaced them all. Kept the old ones for an emergency. Did not seem to be anything wrong with them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 015point9 said:

When should they be replaced?  

Age?

Miles?

feel mushy?

No reason to replace unless damaged.

And THANK GOD you did not cut the couplers. The next time you would have went to take it apart and put it back together they would have been too short.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

No reason to replace unless damaged.

And THANK GOD you did not cut the couplers. The next time you would have went to take it apart and put it back together they would have been too short.

That was exactly what I was thinking when I decided to just leave them as built.

If at some point some new motor mounts go in, the engine altitude would change and affect the geometry of those boots.  I think those boots might just out live me :-)

• Like 1