• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wife fueled the Truck!!

Kids moving again. Wife used the truck & actually fueled it before bringing it home! (I've been stressing about not letting the fuel get low, which I'm convinced is harder on the lift pump.) She actually loaded the TCW3 "D. fuel additive" premeasured in a quart bottle in the door pocket... Just when you think there's no hope... RPS. Original yellow TCW3 oil bottles are now marked as above with marker.

PS. Original yellow TCW3 oil bottles are now marked as above with marker.

that is the trick. everyone looks at me stupid when they see me pull a trans fluid bottle out and pour it in the tank(i buy the wally world gallon). i have even toyed with the idea with painting the fuel lid green. maybe a little sticker.:cool:

I originally bought yellow Pensoil Marine quarts & refilled from a gallon bought on sale at Wally's. Lately I've been buying the 1 gallon blue jug... the yellow quarts show marker really well.To fit in the door pocket it must be compressed a bit in the middle. I figured out the correct ounces (+1) plus a bit of crush room for a typical refill. I loosen the cap, bleed the air, retighten the cap to reduce leakage. An extra oz of oil covers any inaccuracy. I carry 2 of the premeasured containers in the driver's side door pocket & 2 more on the passenger's. I seldom use more fuel than the first 2 on a trip but I don't want to screw up. As before, I'll not get into a discussion again... Repeat after me "My fuel additive".Russ

• Owner

that is the trick. everyone looks at me stupid when they see me pull a trans fluid bottle out and pour it in the tank(i buy the wally world gallon). i have even toyed with the idea with painting the fuel lid green. maybe a little sticker.:cool:

#2 Diesel Fuel + 128:1 Ratio 2 Cycle Oil... :lmao2:

• Staff

I thought this was gonna be a "My Wife Filled The Truck With Gasoline" thread"!!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

Me too!! I don't want my wife driving my truck (she gets hit on too much, even with 2 kids in it).. :banghead::lmao: Let alone do I want her to fuel it.. I mean there is additives to add, and data to record (you know..date, odo, miles, gallons, price, cost, engine hours, trip hours, o/h mpgs, miles towing, trailer towed, usage for tank), then you have to fill the equations in on the spreadsheet that tell you mpgs, total cost, avg speed, cost per mile, o/h error (actual and %age), towing %age.... The wife would just say i am a dork and not do any of it :tease:

• Owner

Me too!! I don't want my wife driving my truck (she gets hit on too much, even with 2 kids in it).. :banghead::lmao: Let alone do I want her to fuel it.. I mean there is additives to add, and data to record (you know..date, odo, miles, gallons, price, cost, engine hours, trip hours, o/h mpgs, miles towing, trailer towed, usage for tank), then you have to fill the equations in on the spreadsheet that tell you mpgs, total cost, avg speed, cost per mile, o/h error (actual and %age), towing %age.... The wife would just say i am a dork and not do any of it :tease:

Sound like my data logs... :smart::thumbup2: But I don't cover that much data though... :lol:

Sound like my data logs... :smart::thumbup2: But I don't cover that much data though... :lol:

Unfortuanately, my wife as does many women......continually function in the "getRdone" mode. This mode is not restricted to all women and many men use it as well. :lol: Hence why the ONLY guage she has in the cab is the fuel pressure gauge that is mounted on the top of the steering column. My wife would use data logs for compost in the garden. :lmao::lmao2::lol::cookoo:

• 4 weeks later...

these must be full fledge work trucks with such accurate logs, i fill by the its at a quarter tank lets fill up and then add a quart of atf if my wife takes the truck/ which is pretty often/ she will say does the truck need gas and i respond no, she says ill put gas in it if i get low and i respond please dont very calmly and then it dawns on her and she pops off i mean diesel !!! i am training her her well:thumb1: