Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flagmanruss

Wife fueled the Truck!!

flagmanruss    80
flagmanruss

Kids moving again. Wife used the truck & actually fueled it before bringing it home! (I've been stressing about not letting the fuel get low, which I'm convinced is harder on the lift pump.) She actually loaded the TCW3 "D. fuel additive" premeasured in a quart bottle in the door pocket... Just when you think there's no hope... RPS. Original yellow TCW3 oil bottles are now marked as above with marker.

guesswho512    2
guesswho512

PS. Original yellow TCW3 oil bottles are now marked as above with marker.

that is the trick. everyone looks at me stupid when they see me pull a trans fluid bottle out and pour it in the tank(i buy the wally world gallon). i have even toyed with the idea with painting the fuel lid green. maybe a little sticker.:cool:

flagmanruss    80
flagmanruss

I originally bought yellow Pensoil Marine quarts & refilled from a gallon bought on sale at Wally's. Lately I've been buying the 1 gallon blue jug... the yellow quarts show marker really well.To fit in the door pocket it must be compressed a bit in the middle. I figured out the correct ounces (+1) plus a bit of crush room for a typical refill. I loosen the cap, bleed the air, retighten the cap to reduce leakage. An extra oz of oil covers any inaccuracy. I carry 2 of the premeasured containers in the driver's side door pocket & 2 more on the passenger's. I seldom use more fuel than the first 2 on a trip but I don't want to screw up. As before, I'll not get into a discussion again... Repeat after me "My fuel additive".Russ

Mopar1973Man    3,696
Mopar1973Man

that is the trick. everyone looks at me stupid when they see me pull a trans fluid bottle out and pour it in the tank(i buy the wally world gallon). i have even toyed with the idea with painting the fuel lid green. maybe a little sticker.:cool:

#2 Diesel Fuel + 128:1 Ratio 2 Cycle Oil... :lmao2:

flagmanruss    80
flagmanruss

Yes, 128:1 (or a pinch over). Fuel station not the place to be messing with measuring.

dorkweed    313
dorkweed

I thought this was gonna be a "My Wife Filled The Truck With Gasoline" thread"!!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

flagmanruss    80
flagmanruss

Praise be that the wife knows about diesel. Dear Daughter (blonde) is not about to borrow my truck.

dorkweed    313
dorkweed

Praise be that the wife knows about diesel. Dear Daughter (blonde) is not about to borrow my truck.

Buahahahahahah!!!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

AH64ID    636
AH64ID

I thought this was gonna be a "My Wife Filled The Truck With Gasoline" thread"!!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

Me too!! I don't want my wife driving my truck (she gets hit on too much, even with 2 kids in it).. :banghead::lmao: Let alone do I want her to fuel it.. I mean there is additives to add, and data to record (you know..date, odo, miles, gallons, price, cost, engine hours, trip hours, o/h mpgs, miles towing, trailer towed, usage for tank), then you have to fill the equations in on the spreadsheet that tell you mpgs, total cost, avg speed, cost per mile, o/h error (actual and %age), towing %age.... The wife would just say i am a dork and not do any of it :tease:

LiveOak    70
LiveOak

Praise be that the wife knows about diesel.

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Mopar1973Man    3,696
Mopar1973Man

Me too!! I don't want my wife driving my truck (she gets hit on too much, even with 2 kids in it).. :banghead::lmao: Let alone do I want her to fuel it.. I mean there is additives to add, and data to record (you know..date, odo, miles, gallons, price, cost, engine hours, trip hours, o/h mpgs, miles towing, trailer towed, usage for tank), then you have to fill the equations in on the spreadsheet that tell you mpgs, total cost, avg speed, cost per mile, o/h error (actual and %age), towing %age.... The wife would just say i am a dork and not do any of it :tease:

Sound like my data logs... :smart::thumbup2: But I don't cover that much data though... :lol:

LiveOak    70
LiveOak

Sound like my data logs... :smart::thumbup2: But I don't cover that much data though... :lol:

Unfortuanately, my wife as does many women......continually function in the "getRdone" mode. This mode is not restricted to all women and many men use it as well. :lol: Hence why the ONLY guage she has in the cab is the fuel pressure gauge that is mounted on the top of the steering column. My wife would use data logs for compost in the garden. :lmao::lmao2::lol::cookoo:

Wild and Free    1,101
Wild and Free

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

I am lucky as to having a good wife also. helps that we don't even own a gas vehicle.:thumb1:

AH64ID    636
AH64ID

Its not that much :-)

Posted Image

AH64ID    636
AH64ID

I'll get mine up in the morning... :rolleyes:

Hey man, I know this is your forum and all.. .but isn't this supposed to be a family site? :poke:

AH64ID    636
AH64ID

:lmao: Geez... :sofa: I meant the fuel logs...

Didn't realize the site would take .xls files :-) Thats a good looking log, I haven't put any color to mine. [ATTACH]1268[/ATTACH]

Cummins Log.xls

KOYOTE    0
KOYOTE

these must be full fledge work trucks with such accurate logs, i fill by the its at a quarter tank lets fill up and then add a quart of atf if my wife takes the truck/ which is pretty often/ she will say does the truck need gas and i respond no, she says ill put gas in it if i get low and i respond please dont very calmly and then it dawns on her and she pops off i mean diesel !!! i am training her her well:thumb1:

dorkweed    313
dorkweed

these must be full fledge work trucks with such accurate logs, i fill by the its at a quarter tank lets fill up and then add a quart of atf if my wife takes the truck/ which is pretty often/ she will say does the truck need gas and i respond no, she says ill put gas in it if i get low and i respond please dont very calmly and then it dawns on her and she pops off i mean diesel !!! i am training her her well:thumb1:

ATF.........shame on you!!!!!!:nono::nono: Let's Edge-U-Mu-Cate guys!!!!!:smart: Years ago, ATF was essentially just "light hydraulic" fluid. Nowadays with more modern AT's, the tranny's need a more "robust" ATF with all kinds of additives etc. Those "additives", are not good to burn in your engine. Others will post with more info if'n you don't believe me!!!:tongue:

AH64ID    636
AH64ID

My truck isn't a work truck, I just keep silly logs :-)

ATF.........shame on you!!!!!!:nono::nono: Let's Edge-U-Mu-Cate guys!!!!!:smart:

Years ago, ATF was essentially just "light hydraulic" fluid. Nowadays with more modern AT's, the tranny's need a more "robust" ATF with all kinds of additives etc. Those "additives", are not good to burn in your engine. Others will post with more info if'n you don't believe me!!!:tongue:

I agree 1000%, modern ATF is designed specifically NOT to burn, and has a combustion temp 3-4x higher than diesel. So at low combustion temps (ie. idle, low cruise) the ATF combustion is incomplete which can lead to deposits and nasty crap on your injectors.

If your looking for more lube for your truck, not sure what year?, then look at 2-stroke for the 24V, and one of the popular diesel additives for HPCR's.

Mopar1973Man    3,696
Mopar1973Man

One of those additive is a anti-scorching compound to allow the ATF fluid to take on high heat from the torque convertors. Then the fricition modifiers that help make the clutch packs stick better. Dorkweed and AH64ID ar both right ATF is NOT intended yo burn not like 1970's... Then the other problem is it dyes the fuel red which in turn might it you in trouble with Johnny Law...:rolleyes: Yes in Idaho I heard of a few random check on farm trucks... :stuned:

flagmanruss    80
flagmanruss

I would think that farm trucks would be targeted by the ball busters, since farms might just have off-road tanks hanging about. Pitty that!I have an off-road diesel (JD410) but if & when I run it, it gets the same fuel as my truck. Just too much bother for it's anual fill up. Speaking of which, it's time to start it again. I saw an off-road pump at at fuel company when I was buyng clear kero for space heaters. Colored kero clogs the wicks up when we go camping. I'd burn more in fuel, going to get it, than I would save in tax... Russ