• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a 2in level with 285/70/17’s and am planning on putting in 1in daystar kit as soon as I can to avoid this same thing. I think it’ll be the perfect blend of ‘leveled look’ with 285’s but not get the Carolina squat when loaded. 

Im going to be getting longer control arms thhat move the axle to the center of the wheel well with a 2 or 2.5" leveling kit.

I have extended cab long bed 4wd truck.

So on rock auto i would prefer the moog brand springs that fit that description. but i cant find any that match what my leaf springs are.

3" wide leafs springs. 4/2 or i guess on some trucks is 4/1 with just 1 fat overload. 

Okay ill go take a picture and figure out how to upload it. Its dark but ill try to light it up.

These photos aren't good quality as its muddy and dark. The leaf "piece" on the bottom is supposed to be in that gap between the first and 3 spring in lower pack. the top 2 are the overloads. Its a 4 leaf 2 overload setup.

IMG_0406.JPG

Okay so my leaf spring kit is called a 3/1? 3 mains 1 helper on bottom and 2 overloads? Im not a suspension guy if you cant tell.

• Staff

The airbags will still work, but you'll need less air in them. 

I'd get middle of the run, cost wise, regular duty springs. For the best load handling characteristics you want to let the rear sag 1-2" and hold it there with the airbags. 

I just noticed that my rear springs are sagged. All the springs on lower pack touch instead of having 3 and then a flat one below. very interesting.

So go with daily driver leaf springs and let the airbags soften and level the ride. Okay thank you! So which set of springs on the site would you recommend? I added the APM 341343 springs to my cart aswell as the Moog CC1712. I prefer moog as they have lifetime warranty on other things i get form oreileys and they are good quality for the money.

2 hours ago, GSP7 said:

You gettin' the stuff from Rock Auto?

If you have a more reputable place to order or a place that sells better quality parts I'm happy to hear it. Anything to make this truck sit right and run right is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Those should work. 

I've never used either brand thou. MOOG has a bad reputation on 3rd gens but 2nd gen guys seem to like them. 

Make sure that the springs come with everything you need, such as bushings and u-bolts. 

How would i check this? just email or call and ask? never used rock auto for anything.

It seems that the leaf springs only come as themselves with no hardware. Only picture is of 1 side and no hardware anywhere to be seen or read about. Is is a bad idea to reuse stock hardware? As you can tell from the picture the frame still has factory black coating on it and is just now starting to show age and flake off. I will have to reuse upper spacer and skinny leaf pack but ill take them off and clean them good. Is undercoat a bad idea on those?

http://www.moparpartsdiscounted.com/search_rushmore.php?dl_id=356&srch_str=Spring

May want to put correct info of the truck on that website I just went with 01  5 speed

I bought a set of front springs for my truck from there, they roll the plow package heaviest rating you could get, did that after I put my heavy homemade front bumper on

Edited by Dieselfuture

18 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Sorry to mislead you looks like half of it is discontinued anyway ignore my previous post

Oh no sir you didnt mislead me! I was being sincere when we i asked if the 700 was worth it.

Anyone have input on if rock auto is a good place to order from and their products are quality. Never heard of apm but i am a fan of moog parts. I have wheel bearing, tie rod, and ball joints form them.

1 minute ago, notlimah said:

I’ve ordered from rock auto plenty of times. They often post here with discount codes for their website. If you need replacements just go to the site and you’ll see how easy it is to find parts.

I have the moog coil springs and APM leaf springs in my cart. just wanting to know if they are a reputable site. anyone got any coupon codes to knock off the $60 in shipping :P