• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla question

Raffron

My truck runs smooth and clean in the anti torque tune from the repository. My question is this. 

Why does my quadzilla shows 12psi when my mechanical gauge shows 20+?

And could this be why the only tune that acts right is the anti torque tune ? 

Just replaced map sensor. Not a cummins sensor.

Ok. So it seem that a while ago the guy at the local diesel shop showed me a weird code that was saying the pcm on my 2000 manual truck was from a 2001 and his reader was having issues because he had put in that it was a 2000 so it wouldnt let him see the vin. Now i am thinking that the 2001 com is looking for different voltages (hence seeing 2psi boost on quadzilla while the mechanical gauge sees 10-11 ) which explains no smoke on anti torque tune...? ! RIGHT? Hmmm. Any input? 

• Owner

Some truth to that. PCM is the primary computer to set up the CCD Network but ECM is a secondary computer. Now the PCM has no control over the reported MAP value CANBus. Remember Quadzilla is hooked up on the CANBus lead and doesn't use the CCD network. At this point, the PCM could be missing and unhooked and the MAP value would remain the same. Now we are back to wiring issues, MAP sensor issue, ground issue, etc. even a possible ECM issue. 

My thought was that you may be running the wrong box on the truck, i.e. an ADR1000 box on an 01 or 02 truck, and the jumper was missing from inside, throwing off your boost reading, but your year and box match.  

So back to square 1 I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trreed said:

My thought was that you may be running the wrong box on the truck, i.e. an ADR1000 box on an 01 or 02 truck, and the jumper was missing from inside, throwing off your boost reading, but your year and box match.  

So back to square 1 I guess.

I thought the 01 pcm was the issue. But seems it doesn't have anything to do with the signals from map or apps. I think the map sensor is bad again. What would be killing the map sensors? I just replaced last week.  

9 minutes ago, trreed said:

Could've been bad out of the box.

I was getting 30psi boost on a tune and now it won't reach 20 unless in anti torque tune. It only hits 5psi. 

On 4/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, trreed said:

What year is your truck and what is the model number of the quadzilla you're using (ARD1000, ARD1001, etc)?

2000 dually. 

On 4/18/2018 at 10:22 AM, Raffron said:

My truck runs smooth and clean in the anti torque tune from the repository. My question is this. 

Why does my quadzilla shows 12psi when my mechanical gauge shows 20+?

And could this be why the only tune that acts right is the anti torque tune ? 

Just replaced map sensor. Not a cummins sensor.

I think I have this all figured out. Noticed oil dripping all around oil pan and New tappet cover. Checked oil last week and was high. Now it is really high!. 

Seems like it may be fuel in my oil. Gonna test it. Explains the no boost and the weird map sensor readings and the hard starts.......

Can anyone read my datalog from drive home? I have to be in anti torque tune to achieve any boost.

Leaking injectors?