• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo Blanket, MoparMan's Filter "Shield, or Both?

4 minutes ago, trreed said:

No.  normal idle is 800.  Both 3 and 6 cyl high idle is at 1200ish

1 minute ago, trreed said:

Between the high idles?  One sounds like the truck when you rev it, and the other sounds like a machine gun.

This...

Also, there will be NO mistaking the difference between 6 & 3 cyl high idle, I promise

If you have your high idle and 3 cylinder high idle enabled  in ECM with your smarty, then by putting this kit on you can turn these functions on at will at any temperature.  if you get Quadzilla it already has high idle built in it, v2 tuning will allow you for tuning best mpg ( this kit was designed way before V2 tuning) but where I see this kit come in handy is if you don't have  Quadzilla or other means by enabling these modes ( high idle 6cyl and MPG (puts ECM timing map towards retarded mode)) then the switch is a way to go. Also I see a benefit of using the switch in 3 cylinder mode even for a few minutes when it's 0 out, another thing would be for using 6 cylinder high idle if using a winch or jumping someone, as I'm skeptical about frying Quadzilla box with too much amp draw. So I'm thinking about putting a toggle switch to Quadzilla power wire that goes to a battery + and toggle It Off when winching or jumping. Also Quadzilla high idle only works on level 0 and sounds like it would be a challenge to reprogram that to work on any level, so that's where I think high idle switch would shine also.

And I know I made this sound confusing but if you start messing with it you'll figure it out.

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

If you have your high idle and 3 cylinder high idle enabled  in ECM with your smarty, then by putting this kit on you can turn these functions on at will at any temperature.  if you get Quadzilla it already has high idle built in it, v2 tuning will allow you for tuning best mpg ( this kit was designed way before V2 tuning) but where I see this kit come in handy is if you don't have  Quadzilla or other means by enabling these modes ( high idle 6cyl and MPG (puts ECM timing map towards retarded mode)) then the switch is a way to go. Also I see a benefit of using the switch in 3 cylinder mode even for a few minutes when it's 0 out, another thing would be for using 6 cylinder high idle if using a winch or jumping someone, as I'm skeptical about frying Quadzilla box with too much amp draw. So I'm thinking about putting a toggle switch to Quadzilla power wire that goes to a battery + and toggle It Off when winching or jumping. Also Quadzilla high idle only works on level 0 and sounds like it would be a challenge to reprogram that to work on any level, so that's where I think high idle switch would shine also.

And I know I made this sound confusing but if you start messing with it you'll figure it out.

You guys are making me want a quad now :doh:

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Also Quadzilla high idle only works on level 0 and sounds like it would be a challenge to reprogram that to work on any level, so that's where I think high idle switch would shine also.

If you use the warmup function, it starts on lvl 0 automatically :) 

1 hour ago, trreed said:

Oh I gotcha.

:hug:

2 hours ago, notlimah said:

Yea that’s what I’d use it for as well @Dieselfuture. Just unplug the quad from the main plug and flip the switch to 6 and your set.

It will probably set a code for map sensor but I don't care about that. That's another reason why I want to put module on a toggle switch so I don't have to pop the hood every time to unplug it and plug it back in. The other red wire from quad goes to a fuse on the side of dash and I got mine after the fuse so it's protected from surges or at least I hope so. 

But to be honest with you guys I hate to even use the winch or jumping anyone because of the weak charging system and how it could potentially Fry Electronics. In this case I miss my old 76 Chevy pick up, I've pulled so many people out of ditch and just playing around so ridiculous never had wiring or charging issue, even after draining battery almost completely dead few times.

just flip the switch into 6 cyl mode, you dont need to unhook the quadzilla.   Its only when the quadzilla is commanding high idle and so is the ecm that you might run into issues.  3 cyl mode is the real trigger for things.

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

just flip the switch into 6 cyl mode, you dont need to unhook the quadzilla.   Its only when the quadzilla is commanding high idle and so is the ecm that you might run into issues.  3 cyl mode is the real trigger for things.

I meant when flipping the switch to 6cyl and unhooking the quad when jump starting someone.

• Like 1