• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Terminology question

Is Quadzilla a "live data tool" or is the "live data tool" a section within the Quadzilla?  

( I know beginners = real pain in rear)

(edit part...adding onto post)

I need a code reader and unsure what to get and at same I would like a little more power.  I've been reading this thread https://mopar1973man.com/topic/11729-quadzilla-adrenaline-v2-testing/?tab=comments#comment-140263  and it seems it would work for me.  But terminology and knowledge totally lacking on my part. 

Thanks

Edited by 015point9
added on to post

OBDlink for sure.  If you have an Android phone or tablet, get the LX It uses Bluetooth.  I do recommend a tablet dedicated for this.  The size makes it much easier to view. I have and old galaxy tab 2 that lives in my truck.

I can't imagine not having one now.  You get live data, logging & code reader.

L8tr

D

• Like 1

• Owner

Reason Quadzilla can't read codes is because of it on the CANBus not the OBDII port. CANBus port requires the Cummins Insite tool to ready error codes from there. This is limited to only the ECM errors you cannot see any others. OBDII port can read error and give some live data. Quadzilla is able to reach father giving like fuel temperature, commanded timing, oil pressure, and few other bits of data that OBDII port can't do.

I would suggest an easy live data tool like OBDLink or similar. I tend to like the Bluetooth models because now you not limited by a cord. I can have my phone in my hand be under the hood chasing loose wires or wiggling wires and watch for changes. This can't be done with corded models.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
34 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

with all these computers in vehicles now days maybe theft device would be a screen that pops up and you have to enter your pass word to start engine

Actually read about newer vehicles with electronic keys are really easy to steal because of the lack of a physical key. The electronic key can be purchased with a programmer that tells the vehicle to forget the owners key and use the new key. Now the thief has access to your vehicles in mere seconds and no forced entry like the past. No more slim jims or breaking windows. Just press the unlock button on your new hacked key. Drive away. Bad part is this all can be had from Amazon or eBay for less than $200 bucks and open as many vehicles as you wish. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/13/2018 at 3:24 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually read about newer vehicles with electronic keys are really easy to steal because of the lack of a physical key. The electronic key can be purchased with a programmer that tells the vehicle to forget the owners key and use the new key. Now the thief has access to your vehicles in mere seconds and no forced entry like the past. No more slim jims or breaking windows. Just press the unlock button on your new hacked key. Drive away. Bad part is this all can be had from Amazon or eBay for less than $200 bucks and open as many vehicles as you wish. 

Another reason to keep running old rigs. Heck my 02 has hand crank windows and manual locks.