• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

PH test strips

My local Cummins says theirs now sold in smaller packages than having to buy big package enough for entire neighborhood, and said theirs test more than ph level. 

But I got mine from ace hardware in nursery section. 

Also read about volt meter method, but didn't have much faith in it.

• Staff

O'Reillys sells you enough for the whole neighborhood for 18 bucks. They say if you don't use them all by the time they expire they will reimburse the unused portion. Yes they have an expiration date on them and they test for the additives and freeze point in the anifreeze besides just Ph levels.

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Yes they have an expiration date on them and they test for the additives and freeze point in the anifreeze besides just Ph levels.

I like that idea. We are O'Reillyless around here, but I bet the others have them too. 

15 hours ago, IBMobile said:

This is from a couple of years ago.  The price has gone up 87%.

Thanks. What is the limit though? You make it sound like you're still good at 7.5. I seem to remember 7 being the limit but don't really remember.

• Staff
7 hours ago, dave110 said:

I like that idea. We are O'Reillyless around here, but I bet the others have them too. 

Thanks. What is the limit though? You make it sound like you're still good at 7.5. I seem to remember 7 being the limit but don't really remember.

O'Reilly is less in your part of the world cause people are moving into my area like wild banshees.

• Staff
7 hours ago, dave110 said:

You make it sound like you're still good at 7.5. I seem to remember 7 being the limit but don't really remember.

A PH of 7.0 is water and 7.5 PH is the bottom of the scale for coolant and some would say 8.0.   The best is 9-10 and not more than 11.0.      

• Like 2

7 is neutral, below is considered acidic and above alkaline. But then again like mentioned above coolant is probably different than water and needs to be higher kinda like TBN in oil as it gets older it goes down. Idk just thinking out loud here.

Edit for more info.

Drinking water should be around 7.5 anything below is not good for you, probably can go as high as 9 without I'll affects. Pop is very acidic especially monster Energy drinks, right around 3.5, it is a good cleaner for tough stains not so good for your stomach. 

Virus likes acidic environment and to kill crap inside of you natural way can be done by mixing little bit of natural baking soda with water and drinking it few times a day for a week or two. It will cure other problems too, same with apple vinegar, tea spoon on glass of water same time frame. You'd be surprised what this stuff does. 

Research it more if you care what you do to yourself. :2cents:

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, IBMobile said:

A PH of 7.0 is water and 7.5 PH is the bottom of the scale for coolant and some would say 8.0.   The best is 9-10 and not more than 11.0.      

Oh I was going the wrong way. So at 7.5 is when I want to do a coolant flush then?