• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

iQuad Boost Readings Lower than Boost Gauge

14 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

You may need to modify your return to tank spring like this, so the ball doesn't get jammed in it.

Picture is from the air dog but you get the idea

post-1102-0-62827600-1422933610_thumb.jpg

I figured FASS would have fixed it by now. I know they were sending people replacement balls to solve the issue for anyone who had it. mine bounces a little bit but not as much as OPs. Will have to pull mine and see how it is. 

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You may need to modify your return to tank spring like this, so the ball doesn't get jammed in it.

Picture is from the air dog but you get the idea

post-1102-0-62827600-1422933610_thumb.jpg

Thanks I’ll need to check it I put the fass on the truck a year ago but never had any gauges till now. So it could have been like that from day one. I’ll pull it in to the shop at work and check it over. I haven’t smelt like diesel for a while haha then I’ll change the filters while I’m at it.

Also try having a full tank of fuel. I have a vulcan draw straw and a Fass but my truck is picky below about 5/8 of a tank, sometimes closer to 3/4. Below that amount my FP gauge will bounce, above that its steady. While I think at those levels the gauge reads high but either way... I also used a ball valve on the return line, so I could adjust my FP a bit higher than stock. Just wanted to let you know in case you have the same issue. 

So found the problem with my fass it was the ball and spring. But now at an idle it is a constant 23.5 to 24 and when I get on it only drops to 22.5 is that bad? I have a 1/4 tank and it’s off the sender not a draw strawimageproxy.php?img=&key=4d11e5b7ded08803 

3815A365-642A-4E10-B97C-E6EA5081F0B4.jpeg

Edited by Cummins4life

• Owner

To go lower you'll need to change springs. You can order fuel pressure springs from DAP for both AirDog and FASS. You'll want a 17 PSI spring. 

Mine I did the same thing and curled the end coil inwards and somehow made a high spot and the ball keeps rolling to the wall and hanging open and allowing the fuel pressure to fall randomly. This is something I need to fix this weekend as well. Try and tweak that tail back down just a weebit.

• Like 1