• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

N5600- Fuller 8406 swap

The ranch my Dad worked at when I was growing up had KB2, KB5, KB6, and KB7 trucks. They were all gas powered. 

Check out those mirrors! The trucks we had only had a mirror on the driver side. Can’t see much out of those little round mirrors  when trying to back up to a cattle loading chute. 

9 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

If you like the sound of an old 275 Cummins with the roots blower and back draft manifold, you will like this old IHC KB12. This old guy has about 20 acres of antiques, mostly trucks and dozers. The Gold King Mine, Jerome, AZ. it is built on the side of a mountain. Watch both video's, part one and two, awesome.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT073WNUwI...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UB4jxD1cEs

I had seen that second one already but watched it again.  That is a really neat rig and love the way it sounds.  I am not positive but I think that is the same basic engine as a 275 with higher compression.  I remember my boss talking about the difference in pistons and I think it was 320 horse but later downrated to 300 IIRC.  That had to be a really big dog back then as the 275 I drove was in a '54 KW.  It was fairly worn as the red oil light would flicker at idle but kept on running!

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, 01cummins4ever said:

The roads between Holbrook and Mesa are on my winter time escape route out of Colorado, usually hit up the Apache and Roosevelt lakes up around February or March. 

I know what you mean about the two stick  tranny’s, I used to use them in 70 and early 80 model Osh Kosh and FWD plow trucks and then add 5 more levers out of the floor board for plow controls and them old trucks would keep you awake all night, after a 12 hour shift you really felt like you done something, now days I spend about 1200 to 1500 miles week behind an 18 spd. over the Colorado passes, I never run out of gears, piece of cake lol. 

E969FAB4-95DD-4F72-A00F-3585AEDA4E0E.jpeg

I wouldn't make a good snowplow driver, I don't like wide loads, Lol  Anyone remember this, last winter in Utah.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Looks sweet man. I would love to ditch my 5600 too!

You are obviously going through some great effort to do things right, frame off etc.  From a pro welder point of view you got the right idea with the custom trans mounts but they are looking a bit weak to me & diamond plate is not meant for structural purposes, especially with the incredible torque we are making with these engines. PM me, I can help you out with this. You do NOT want these to fail, esp with all the awesome things and extensive work you have done to get this far. 

7 hours ago, Ironforger said:

Looks sweet man. I would love to ditch my 5600 too!

You are obviously going through some great effort to do things right, frame off etc.  From a pro welder point of view you got the right idea with the custom trans mounts but they are looking a bit weak to me & diamond plate is not meant for structural purposes, especially with the incredible torque we are making with these engines. PM me, I can help you out with this. You do NOT want these to fail, esp with all the awesome things and extensive work you have done to get this far. 

Always interested in learning, I know I'm not a master fabricator. But did you notice the urethane engine mounts, they should handle the torque of my little motor. When I first adapted this Trans there was just a brace to support the back of the Trans, that my dad made in a few hours, since I was using truck as my means of income, and couldn't be down. I went with that for almost 250k, never had any issues other than the trans vibrating against the brace, which I solved albeit as a temp fix with portions of tire rubber u-bolted to it. Plus look how your 5600 is mounted, with 2 bolts in the center w/ a rubber mount, not designed to handle any torque the engine mounts takes the engines torque.

20180516_184728.jpg

20181204_130458[1].jpg

Edited by Blueox01
  • Like 1