• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

N5600- Fuller 8406 swap

It's a 6 speed with ratio's close to the NV5600, but will handle 840 Lbs ft of torque, hence the 8406, fuller made other 6 speeds, 5406, 6406, I got a lot of my info from another guy I think is in N.M  but I think he had 6406, the clutch is only a single disc rated at 630 lbs ft. Went through 3 count 1,2,3 NV5600's before I did this.

Bad injector is best guess, sloppy maintenance on my part, drove to Des Moines thought it ran smoother than ever before, hooked a trailer and 30 miles later hell broke loose. 

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

If it can handle 840 ft/lb of torque then how much nv5600 can handle, I'm pretty sure I'm close to 1000 on my truck or so it feels that way

Some say 550-600 lbs/ft   I know I snapped the mainshaft pulling a set of doubles against a headwind in Oklahoma  that was NV5600 #1, I shelled 2 more after that. You put this case next to a NV5600 the dodge 6spd looks like a baby.

Edited by Blueox01

550 ft-lbs is the rated continuous input torque. I’m not sure what the maximum momentary input torque is, but you’re not gonna be using all 1000 ft-lbs all the time, so you’ll probably be below or just at the 550 ft-lb limit. Plus, there’s a factor of safety and an expected life factored into that 550 number, so it’s conservative anyways. 

12 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

You probably had the older version with smaller input shaft, 01 and newer I believe is 1 3/8 where before they were 1 1/14 

He has an 01. First year of the 1-3/8” shaft 

Edited by trreed
  • Thanks 1

Around 675 I think? The 4th gens have 660 ft-lbs stock so it’s gotta be around the 675-700 number. G56 has an aluminum case though and can crack under high power. @TFaoro‘s was behind a 900 hp truck and is fine so it’s all about driving smart. 

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1