• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

22 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I have two of these trucks and often wondered how I would get to that Tee if it ever leaked. I often think about making a plank scaffold that allows me to lay belly down over the engine. Maybe getting some 2x10's or 12's with four step ladders used for support. I would hate the thought of someone doing all this though and find it did not work out at all. Maybe something simpler perhaps :shrug:

• Hang glider harness and bag attached to the shop above  :doh:

Talk to nasholes, they'll set you up. And that's all I'm going to say.

• Staff

Oh, I gotcha... a little rocket science :lmao:Sometimes outer space is between my shoulders. 

Dripley, I know...... yer touting that I wasn't born with wings. lol

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
23 hours ago, James merritt said:

I moved all the wires out of the way and can at least see the T. Without running the engine I don’t know which line was leaking? The lines look kinda fragile and I don’t know what parts to actually change. Any suggestions? I’d like to have necessarily parts on hand before I disable the truck. Thanks for your thoughts.133A5A62-DFF2-4BBC-95CA-0706BA7601C8.jpeg.dbd63670f63f84995c40674062cb4cc4.jpeg

First off I notice something that others didn't. You deleted the stock fuel filter can and fuel heater then proceeded to leave the intake manifold bolts out. You are taking a big risk of blowing out the intake gasket. Make sure to replace those bolts.

Now looking closer you need to power wash that engine off with some good degreaser and inspect your injection lines. Some that hardware looks marginal at best. 

As for the Vacuum lines. Kind of goofy layout personally. One of these days I'm going to re-do my set up and use mostly air brake tubing and just small pieces of rubber vacuum hose. I hate the idea of everything just hanging there on the driver side. Most of this stuff could be routed to a fender, along the frame etc. Vacuum wise the only thing on our trucks is HVAC, Cruise control (auto's), CAD (early 2nd's), exhaust brakes (optional). 

I’m not sure about the fuel filter and heater. I took out the 2 bolts for fuel filter can and it’s just hanging off to the side. When it stops raining I m going to work on it, but not sure what I’m going to do. I don’t know where the leak is, just that it follows the line down and drips. I’d probably blow half my lines off with a good pressure wash, but yes it needs one. I bought the truck new and pretty much just worked on stuff when it broke.

0C9C3C8C-C291-4772-A66A-C5D625F16988.jpeg

• Like 1

• Staff

If your close to a source while its raining go down and get the correct size sealing washers. I like extras hanging on my tool board. I think sizes might be all the same but that's what you should make sure of, that your getting the right ones.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
11 minutes ago, James merritt said:

I’m not sure about the fuel filter and heater. I took out the 2 bolts for fuel filter can and it’s just hanging off to the side. When it stops raining I m going to work on it, but not sure what I’m going to do. I don’t know where the leak is, just that it follows the line down and drips. I’d probably blow half my lines off with a good pressure wash, but yes it needs one. I bought the truck new and pretty much just worked on stuff when it broke.

Whew! I thought you ditched it outright... Still in all a good power washing would help that beast. Just remember to put the fuel filter back on and bolt it down. 

My injection lines have lost a lot of the goldish color coating that was on them when new. I had to replace injector line #5 back when the end blew off of it. The new one fro. Cummins did not have that coating on it. Appears just to be the bare metal.

@James merritt happy you found the parts and yes do them all. If one is leaking the others are not far behind. Did you get some sealing washers? A few spares are good to have on hand. They should fit the VP banjo too.

I bought 4 banjo washers and only 3 of the T washers they were 10.95 I think so didn’t get extras. I put it back together so I have wheels and it still drips. Thanks for the thread I didn’t know where to look for parts. Dodge never has what I need in stock anyway.

I should be in the washer business my bill was 51.80 for seven pieces.

• Owner

Take a can of brake clean and spray down the area with the engine hot so it evaporates fast. Now idle the engine and watch for where the fuel is coming from. 

I just got done with the same issues. Between the return rail at the back of the head and a few loose injection lines I was dripping off the rear of the head and running off the bellhousing. The brake clean will make it clean and dry and allow you to source out the fuel trail and where its coming from. 

I know its frustrating to have fuel dripping off the engine. 

In the two drawing of the T in the fuel components one looks to have a steel line after the bottom of the T connection, the other looks to have a plastic something. I have the plastice thing that’s looks like a quick disconnect. I think that’s where my problem is leaking from. I can kinda reach up to it a feel  the connection but can’t get it to disconnect. Now my guess would be take bottom line bracket off block and unscrew bottom nut and cut line down low where it’s easily accessible and splice in a piece from the disconnect down,, after all this is a low pressure return line isn’t it.

Is it possible I have a quick disconnect on bottom line off T. I bought truck new and I don’t recall doing anything to that fuel line. Does anybody know what size that line is? I think it’s steel with plastic coating on it. I have to go get parts before I can take it apart. And leak a gallon of fuel. Thanks for all the help I’m getting.