• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Personally, I would just ditch that chunk of line and get some quality diesel fuel line and two hose clamps and just replace that section. The piece of line from the bottom tee connection to the frame rail going back to the tank is just plastic. It firms up of the years of 140 to 160*F fuel ran through it. 

• Staff

What about removing the Tee and relocate so its easier to get to? Using hose clamps, flexible fuel line and a brass barbed Tee, it seems  best to locate the Tee down low on the frame where it is easier to get to. Anyone see any problems with this mod?

29 minutes ago, James merritt said:

It’s 34 degrees out and I have my 5 foot piece of hose and 2 clamps better now than never.

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Prayer the rubber hose never kinks. Sure hate to to see what pressure build up will do most likely blow the front seal of the VP44.

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Huhh! My fuel line hose does not kink it is high pressure diesel fuel line hose. It expensive but cheap compared to what it is and how long the stuff lasts. It does not like to kink.

So @Mopar1973Man has kinky hose and @JAG1 does not. This sounds a bit strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Staff

All joking aside... why not move that problematic tee? There is no high pressure and my fuel returns dump into the fill necks on both trucks. :shrug: so no big deal right?

It is my estimation that tee is a poor location when it can be easily moved for servicing elsewhere. 

Edited by JAG1

36 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

All joking aside... why not move that problematic tee? There is no high pressure and my fuel returns dump into the fill necks on both trucks. :shrug: so no big deal right?

It is my estimation that tee is another rope you into the dealer kind of design when it can be easily moved for servicing elsewhere.

I dont see why you could not do it. Just do it in a professional manner. Me, I aint going back in there till she starts leaking again.

I see how you are when its not a chicken joke.:nono:

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

I read the move the T after I was done. And the T maintenance was for knot anyway, I spliced in a piece replacing the disconnect, and believe me I don’t have a clue why they call it quick. After 15 minutes no leak, better mileage here I come. Thanks everyone. It will be a day or two before my hands recover.

9404C55E-A182-42BB-8765-93544C1F7173.jpeg

image.jpg