• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going the VNT route..

AH64ID

• Staff

Well I bought a 6.7 Turbo today, it should be here in a week or so. I got the turbo, manifold, and stock coolant lines. Now to save for the controller.. I will want to do studs first, so it will probably be some time before the VNT goes on, but it was a good deal.Fleece makes the controller and its pretty sweet. Its fully automatic, and include an exhaust brake function. You can custom tune the program to run the VNT like you want, and to limit max boost. Then there is a cab mounted dial for fine tuning the nozzle if you want, so on hwy trips you can open the vanes up to drop boost/DP and increase mileage, or towing heavy you can tighten the vanes a little for faster spool up. The compressor/turbine are the same size at my HE351CW, 60/60 but the housing is 3-26, so when its dialed in I should be able to have a little lower DP while towing which should lead to slightly lower EGT, but the bottom end while towing should be nice. I can't wait!

• Staff

The way I normally run it is 330/675, and that was without any of the bolt-ons*. I have been trying SW2 for a couple of tanks, and will tow with it for the first time tomorrow. I have yet to tow my TT with anything by SW1 or stock (only once to storage, wow I like Smarty EGTs!)..

I figure that with the airflow improvements and turbo mod it will probably be more like 330/700 since the boost will come on sooner and the ECM will fuel harder sooner. If I decide I like SW2 it should be about 360/725 or so..

Once I get the turbo on I'll re-dyno to see where I am at. But honestly the SW1 has been great, never short on power for towing around here.

SW3 gave me 428/807.

*I don't expect any hp gains from the bolt-ons, but I expect a little tq since the turbo lights sooner.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Okay, so those were corrected numbers..

UNCORR

Stock 285/520

SW1 TM4 290/610

SW1 TM2 290/589** Normal setting

SW1 TM3 293/544

SW3 TM4 380/704

SW3 TM2 385/708

SW3 TM3 386/712

Stock 285/520 SW1 TM4 290/610 SW1 TM2 290/589** Normal setting SW1 TM3 293/544 SW3 TM4 380/704 SW3 TM2 385/708 SW3 TM3 386/712

Alright I am not up on all this chip stuff so what does SW and TM mean?

• Staff

SW is software. SW1 is economy +40hp timing only; SW2 is towing, +70hp timing/duration; SW3 is performance, +100hp timing/duration. TM is timing in the adjustable "revo" options. Order of least to most TM1, TM3, TM2, TM4 (TM1 is stock, TM2 is default).

• Like 1

I plan to do a good write-up. I think in the sub 400 rwhp range this will be a good setup. I only plan about 350rwhp at most. I also don't think the 5.9 will have the DP issues the 6.7 has due to the lower displacement.

Read Mike! :lol: I have never seen one up close so I think it will be neat as ever. Tell the UPS man to hurry up.

• Staff

It will be quite a while before its bolted up, but I will get some good pics when it gets here. I haven't played with one yet either..And for you guys with older trucks, Fleece has controllers for the 98.5-07 trucks right now, and will have the 12V model soon (TPS and MAP will need to be installed on the truck)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

It arrived on Thursday, but was damaged in shipping :mad::mad:The compressor housing cam loose and damaged the compressor fins, and the fins damaged the housing. It was insured, so going that route with UPS right now. The guy I bought it from has a line on another one, so well see what happens.The turbine housing on this thing is HUGE, considering it holds the VNT I am not surprised. I do like the design of the 6.7 manifold thou, all 6 cylinders dump into one collector, instead of being separated like a 5.9, and especially a 3rd gen 5.9 that is 4/2 on the collectors. That alone should help flow/tone.

• Staff

I need to get some pics off to UPS to finish the claim..But UPS brought me a new comp housing and comp wheel today :hyper::hyper: I haven't seen it yet to see if they damaged this one yet, but knowing Richard at GDP UPS could do anything they wanted at it would arrive unscathed!More to follow....

• Staff

That would be fun! I figure the install will be in April.. gives me some time to fund and install the studs, and to fund the controller, manifold/turbo blankets, and anything else I may need. So the new wheel and housing are here, and in perfect shape!!

• 1 month later...