• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stanley's Truck Remodel- Dove in Head First!

8 hours ago, Celtic Clamper said:

Damn Stanley, you are going all in. I keep looking at my instrument cluster thinking I could do a better job with some Isspros and a piece of sheet metal. Considering fabbing some sheet metal door panels too.

Yea I'm seriously considering making door panels.. just havent come up with and idea yet it how its gonna look. 

The whole dash almost went in the dumpster lol. I wanted to make a custom dash but for time sake I went this way for now.  Someone is giving me a 99 1500 with a bad trans so I'll yank it all out of there and fab my dash there so I can get my truck back...

Second video link

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Forgot one seal. Re-do the drain seal at the bottom of the evaporator. 

Battery bolt coat the bolts in oil and they never rust.

This is for sure on the list, but I cant see or find where this drain connect too? 

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Nothing. Just a plastic stub that connects to nothing.

Oh, haha... I thought I was loosing it. My tube looked like it was connected to something... I guess it just drains into the floor :think: :drool:

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Oh, haha... I thought I was loosing it. My tube looked like it was connected to something... I guess it just drains into the floor :think: :drool:

It goes thru the firewall. You need to put a 90 or some tubing on it after install or it will drain into the floor board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dripley said:

It goes thru the firewall. You need to put a 90 or some tubing on it after install or it will drain into the floor board.

Oh so I does go somewhere... I havent seen where it would go through the fire wall... Ill try and post up a video with what little progress I have made, and show the drain tube again... 

Gonna be taking the old steering shaft off tonight and replacing with the borgson! 

Dash frame is ready to go in! 

******However I cant remember if I can get the dash top on with the frame all buttoned up? Advice?? 

Clutch is getting ordered today along with new gauges, pod, wiring. 

Went with a South Bend DD Multi Friction clutch rated at 650 on DAP other sites have it rated at 550-750... 

Industrial Injection states that I should be right at 700 with my turbo. 800 if I get a little bit bigger turbo! 

I dont really want to go bigger.....But I do wish I could compound my turbo with something else to get better response time and to maybe help with smoke control. Advice on this???

Ill be checking it all over again tonight... Maybe I missed it. Hopefully the video will be good enough to see it. I like making these videos but man it takes so long to upload/post them on youtube. I wonder if using my gopro would help in the upload time and video quality... That would be a question for a computer guy.....:wink: @Mopar1973Man

8 hours ago, Stanley said:

******However I cant remember if I can get the dash top on with the frame all buttoned up? Advice??

There are some screws that need to be installed from the backside of the dash pad so do the pad before putting the dash or HVAC box in place. I used Mikes article on replacing the heater core and evaporator to pull mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Im looking at VPmax intercooler boots from DAP and Crazy Carls intercooler piping kit with tubes (3.5") 

Crazy carls is 250$ and Vpmax is 205$ 

Not much of a difference price wise but as far as functionality which would you choose?? 

Thats what I was leaning towards, is the boots any better? I have read about the extra .5 inch and info to back it up, but didnt know if anyone had real world experience with it. Its only $50 more... and you get shiny stuff. Haha

• Owner

The problem isn't the tubes and boots. I think more so the intake on the head. This is why big power guys end up milling off the intake and bolting on a true manifold to gain air flow. For a daily driver with added fuel you not going to be able to flow any more through that head till the restriction are dealt with. Most comment on how the cylinder #1 is restrictive in the casting. 

This is very true, I have thought about getting a spare head to mess with and milling it off and building/port polish as I went (time and money) then bolt on. But your right about the flow at the head. I am wondering though if the (volume ) of air would be helpful through the bigger tubes to a bigger intake horn to the intake? (having the air there in bulk when its needed) 

Or would that be a waste since its not going to flow none of it? 

• Owner
15 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I am wondering though if the (volume ) of air would be helpful through the bigger tubes to a bigger intake horn to the intake?

No. Because the pressure drop will happen AFTER the restriction. So you boost gauge will show pressure but the port will have dropped pressure some after the restriction. 

Kind of like before and after fuel pressure gauges on the fuel filter. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man