• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Wow! @Russ Roth and @015point9 ...

Heck of a story there Russ... That is sad to hear you listed as terminal. Hopefully the Good Lord 

@015point9 I've got a friend in Riggins with a wife with a brain tumor as well. She is doing good right now and going to live life to the fullest. Had some other medical issues but she keeps springing back. She is even younger than I am.

I just keep marching forward the best I can... I might not be fast but I'm still moving forward.  

I take 1973 in your screen name as your birth year?  Anyway my kid was born same year.  2 weeks ago he blew thru his ACL in knee.  He called wondering at what age does body parts start to fall apart. 

Best I could tell him was ...

It dont get any better with age.  

• Sad 1

• Owner
5 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

I take 1973 in your screen name as your birth year?

Nope. 1970... Now you are going to ask why 1973? That was the first car I own was a 1973 Dodge Charger SE. The web name came from my original email of moparman@cyberhighway.net this internet company failed and we switched to Frontier. When I did the username moparman was gone. So I used mopar1973man@frontiernet.net being it was available. Which both of these emails are now gone and now using mnelson@mopar1973man.com

5 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Anyway my kid was born same year.  2 weeks ago he blew thru his ACL in knee.  He called wondering at what age does body parts start to fall apart. 

Best I could tell him was ...

It dont get any better with age.  

:lmao::lmao2: Yeah, I know it. Wake up in the morning feeling like I've been beaten with an ugly stick. Then take a hot shower to loosen my lower back muscles and then I'm good for the day. Now with the 20-mile bicycle ride that got the entire lower half of my body sore. Oh well, I'll keep pushing. I'm actually enjoying the bicycle rides and traveling that way. Nice way to relax once in a while. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

Last week jumping internet saw some of your posts from 06 era.  So far I think there about 5 forums relevant today.  

I suppose I'm like many that started at CF (I think because of name) then find better places such as yours.  

I'm slowly going thru TDR magazines from 02 to 2019.   That's 17 years.  Some issues I've only saved couple paragraphs.  

• Owner

Actually... I started in 2004. The original web address was http://www.frontiernet.net/~mopar1973man which was the very start of the website which was nothing more than my personal notes and tidbits from what I learned. I started at Diesel Truck Resource got booted out because of having my own website. Then moved to CF and still hold a contract with them to this day. I'm permitted to post article pages but no forum links. I've got a lifetime premium membership. Then M73M domain was purchased back in October 4, of 2007 and the M73M continued to grow. Then M73M grew so much it became a full-time job just keeping the site rolling. I'm still debugging the server and fixing weird issues. 

Eventually, I'll get this to settle down and then move back to building articles. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Wow! @Russ Roth and @015point9 ...

Heck of a story there Russ... That is sad to hear you listed as terminal. Hopefully the Good Lord willing that this healed in his own way. Never thought I could get cancer this soon in life either but I've been told already that there is a 95% survival rate with bladder cancer. My next surgery is to double check I'm good. Got my fingers crossed. 

I just keep marching forward the best I can... I might not be fast but I'm still moving forward.  

For sure no one wants to hear diagnosis terminal/prognosis 3-5 years.  Suddenly you look at things with a different perspective.  Starting to pare down projects and get rid of "junk" which for us is good stuff.  I believe I will be here for Makiahs 18th birthday.

Russ Roth shared 1 photo with you - Copy.eml

Guest 04Mach1

@Russ Roth I'm not sure if you have looked into herbal medicine but I recommend checking out CBD and CBG oils.

My father has been battling various cancers for the past 8 years or so. He started with a tumor that started in his throat and ended in his stomach, chemo and radiation treatment put that cancer into remission. About a year or so later he was replacing a starter on my sister's Jeep and started becoming nauseous when raising his arms above his head, a few trips to the doctor and he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He went through chemo and radiation treatment again which resulted in radiation pneumonitis and him being on high concentration of oxygen therapy for what was supposed to be the remainder of his life. We fast forward to a routine full body cancer scan about 2 years later in August 2017 to when brain cancer is found. Oncologist deemed it as terminal with 6 months to live. He went ahead with treatment for the brain cancer even though the outlook was not good. He was holding his own until February of 2018 he went into cardiac arrest. My mom's determination got him back and he spent nearly a month on ventilator and a drug induced coma and UNM Hospital was able to get him off of life support. We decided to try CBD oil. At this time my dad uses CBD oil daily and is no longer requiring oxygen therapy. His brain cancer has actually shrunk but probably will never be gone and he is still getting treatment at UNM Hospital but has long surpassed his 6 month life expectancy and has a decent quality of life.

Another thing that has made me a believer is my then 6 year old son is autistic. The doctors were giving him drugs that at times made him psychotic. My wife and I decided to try CBD oil on him which resulted in him not taking any Autism drugs anymore and he is becoming a normal functioning kid at 8 years old. We recently switched him CBG oil and the results have been pleasing. 

The nice thing is you can buy CBD and CBG oil without a medical marijuana license. You can even get it from Amazon and similar places or even the local dispensary. CBD oil has minute amounts of THC and CBG is supposed to not have any THC.

• Owner

Yeah, I know its illegal in Idaho but I've been treating my cancer with cannabis. I'm leaning on stronger CBD sided herb than the THC side. Cancers tend to respond better with an equal amount of both CBD and THC strains. This why I tend to favor the smoke / vape side more so. It's not the filtered down industrial hemp that CBD is typically made from. From just what I've done so far I've managed to beat two surgeries and healed my right kidney completely. 

Here is a cannabis wheel...

Image result for cannabis wheel

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Survived the second round. Still kind of out of it.

Get rested up and some healing Mike.  Hope all went well and the doc had the best possible news and outcome for you.  Let us know we you are feeling better.  Hang in there.  

On 3/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, 04Mach1 said:

@Russ Roth I'm not sure if you have looked into herbal medicine but I recommend checking out CBD and CBG oils.

The nice thing is you can buy CBD and CBG oil without a medical marijuana license. You can even get it from Amazon and similar places or even the local dispensary. CBD oil has minute amounts of THC and CBG is supposed to not have any THC.

My wife and I were just chatting a bit about that today.  Certainly something to consider.  My aunt and uncle use it.

• Owner

1st surgery went good. Doctor was happy on how I healed. So for the 2nd surgery the doctor scrapped my bladder and it to pathology. But my right ureter is plugged up. Not sure if it scar tissue it tumor. Either way I'm going in for a. 3rd surgery to drain my right kidney. Then later on go back in for a 4th surgery to put the stent in.

• Sad 4

Wow!  One step forward and one step back.  Sorry for the less than great medical news Mike.  At least it appears that you are holding your own and overall doing somewhat better.  One step at a time.  One day at a time.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm alive. Still with you all. I'm holding my own. Ill get out of here by tomorrow. But ill have tubes hanging off me for a week.

You get a plastic bag of that says patient belongings?  Those little plastic tubs your supposed to wash your face in or whatever... those are just great for putting old filters in when you change them.  

Most places just throw him out because they don't want to take any chance on MRSA in a hospital.  

Beyond that....get well