• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Some bittersweet pics from my old little truck....

The new owner sent me these today of the nv4500.  It was a built nv4500.  

A little sad that this chapter is finished. 

Deep down I know that was / is one of easily 10 fastest manual diesels ( if not better) in the country if you could launch it.  If not it would be damn respectable.  It’s back half was utterly ridiculous. 

Funny thing is the neighbor begged me to go to B.I.R and let him run it.  I know he could launch it no problems. Incredible wheelman.  My wallet kept reeling me in with you stick your 50mph roll ons. 

Oh well.  It will now be getting a full billet meal deal auto.  Really cool and better from stop menace ......but it’s not a manual. 

5AB91D88-45F5-4E56-BA61-C5AC3F2EC2D0.jpeg

353A5B93-CF0A-41BA-AD3A-DC4ACC67134B.jpeg

A19C01E6-C998-49E6-93CC-3F2FC76AE040.jpeg

ETA: I told him to call Valair and see if they would warranty anything. ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Warranty....you funny.   41865236_animated-smileys-laughing-0101.gif.61881f5b6a2af4abd157e6f5fbfee01a.gif    That's a hell of a lot of power to do that.  How much?

The original builder dyno'd it at 677. The only thing I changed was went with 6x13 injectors vs the 7x18's that were originally in there. 

I tried dyno'ing it once at the shop I always go to and we couldn't get the chargers to spool. I feel it was more than 677 as I could regularly come close to 80lbs on my "test and tune" road. 

10 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

It don't take much power when you side step the clutch at 3k rpm, in about 3rd gear 4x4...was that the big input shaft?

It was 2 wheel drive and it had the big input shaft. Getting it to hook was the big issue that everyone before me had.

When it first got it, the truck would break loose at 70mph when getting on it. It wanted to kill you. The neighbor and I then figured it out. After the change when getting on it the rear end would just squat, the nose would raise up, and it would hook and go straight.

Nice to have friends with a heavy dirt track racing background.

8 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

That's pretty cool man. Post some pictures of actual truck and the engine if you have any. 

Heres a link to my garage. There are a few pictures and description of what was done to it. 

https://mopar1973man.com/garage/vehicle/157-little-truck/

For whatever reason I can't upload a small clip of it idling. 

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1

Figured out how to get the video clip. 

Its nothing special but to me it just purred. ....loudly. ? 

In the “engine stumbles” thread this is what I meant by idling like a sewing machine. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Figured out how to get the video clip. 

Its nothing special but to me it just purred. ....loudly. ? 

In the “engine stumbles” thread this is what I meant by idling like a sewing machine. 

Awesome shortbed Cummins conversion.  I built the exact same truck, color and all, except 4x4 and lifted instead of 2wd and lowered.  Sweet conversion! 

15471626920087446543936673862345.jpg

15471627694216452437786295200160.jpg

• Like 2

Holy crap!  Yours and mine are like the movie “Twins.”  :lmao::lmao::thumbup2:

Thats crazy.  Pretty cool.  

How does your your suspension handle getting on it? Truck get squirrely?

How bad is wheel hop when launching it?

Edited by Ben

27 minutes ago, Ben said:

Holy crap!  Yours and mine are like the movie “Twins.”  :lmao::lmao::thumbup2:

Thats crazy.  Pretty cool.  

How does your your suspension handle getting getting on it? 

Truck get squirrely? How bad is wheel hop when launching it?

Hahaha...I was thinking the same thing.  I had a second truck that I cut in half that was a half ton so I used the rear springs of the 1/2 ton.  So it rides extremely well.  Yes 2wd launch is tough with squirrliness and hop...I need track bars.  But 4x4 launch isn't bad and not too squirrely.

I have a 99 Viper too and that sucker will get squirrelly on me more than the truck will.  The car definitely wants to kill you.  4wd does wonders for going fast. 

Edited by Bullet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Hahaha...I was thinking the same thing.  I had a second truck that I cut in half that was a half ton so I used the rear springs of the 1/2 ton.  So it rides extremely well.  Yes 2wd launch is tough with squirrliness and hop...I need track bars.  But 4x4 launch isn't bad and not too squirrely.

I have a 99 Viper too and that sucker will get squirrelly on me more than the truck will.  4wd does wonders for going fast. 

That’s great!!

eta- knowing how small a rcsb is in person makes yours even crazier. 

A picture of of our trucks together would have been awesome!

Edited by Ben

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

That’s great!!

eta- knowing how small a rcsb is in person makes yours even crazier. 

A picture of of our trucks together would have been awesome!

Lol...it's a little crazy but fun as hell!  For some reason I've got to have what few others have...even if I have to make it myself.  

I agree a Pic would be sweet.  Take a break from the cold weather and come on down to photoshoot em.  Of course we'll check em too. 

Do you know your curb weight?  I'm a few lbs over 6k

1 hour ago, Bullet said:

Lol...it's a little crazy but fun as hell!  For some reason I've got to have what few others have...even if I have to make it myself.  

I agree a Pic would be sweet.  Take a break from the cold weather and come on down to photoshoot em.  Of course we'll check em too. 

Do you know your curb weight?  I'm a few lbs over 6k

Lol....I am the same way with needing/wanting the one off/oddball item. Always have been. 

I sold the truck to a friend 1.5 years ago  who has been treating it like what it was meant for. Hence, the initial reason for the post of the carnage. 

I never weighed the truck.

Edited by Ben

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Lol....I am the same way with needing/wanting the one off/oddball item. Always have been. 

I sold the truck to a friend 1.5 years ago  who has been treating it like what it was meant for. Hence, the initial reason for the post of the carnage. 

I never weighed the truck.

Shame that you sold it...if I would have known of it back then your friend would have gotten outbid for the sale.?  That's a cool truck. 

Minnesota seems to be the sweet spot for compounds.  900 ft above sea level netted me 82 psi in Buxton, ND, and 80 PSI on my home road in Independence.  It blew my mind.  In Denver I'm lucky to see 70...

My pickup weighs a lot more than yours did but still scoots pretty well.  I've wanted to experience a stupid fast shorty for a while now.

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1