• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner
6 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I picked up a 1993 Dakota 3.9 V6 yesterday that has a trans issue. It shudders real bad when shifting from first gear and has no get up and go. I’m thinking torque converter.

Seriously... I would just pull the transmission and have it rebuilt and the torque converter replaced. 

I had a minor slip and 2nd gear starts. Sent it to a local shop and spent quite a bit. Ran good for 2k miles then the torque converter failed dumping its guts into the pan. Best service the whole thing out. Could be starting in 2nd gear. Try dropping to 1st and see if it shifts normal. Could be governor pressure sensor and solenoid. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I would say its moderate difficulty. All basic hand tools. It about just getting everything clean and re-assembled with fresh parts. The only thing that requires a special tool is the overdrive clutch which you need a press to release the snap ring and carefully release the spring pressure.

@Dynamic is a storehouse full of information on this.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, Marcus2000monster said:

I picked up a 1993 Dakota 3.9 V6 yesterday that has a trans issue. It shudders real bad when shifting from first gear and has no get up and go. I’m thinking torque converter.

Have you verified what gear your jeep is running in when you get up to pass? Have you checked the TV cable?

3 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Have you verified what gear your jeep is running in when you get up to pass? Have you checked the TV cable?

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

No

Thats because he got a Dakota and not a Jeep.:lmao2:

Though it would not surprise me if they shared drive trains.:think: