• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog Toggle Switch hardware

4 minutes ago, tmropr1991 said:

Ok that's something I could think about doing too. Because I need to figure out another place to put it. I could run a hose from that tap to the front of the truck and put my sensor. Somewhere more accessable as well 

I have one of these in the 1/2 inch fuel line under the hood with the snubber screwed into it and the fuel pressure sensor screwed into the snubber.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/vulcan-push-lock-fuel-pressure-tee-1-2

• Owner

Yeah...

2 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

I have one of these in the 1/2 inch fuel line under the hood with the snubber screwed into it and the fuel pressure sensor screwed into the snubber.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/vulcan-push-lock-fuel-pressure-tee-1-2

That's the problem you need distance from your last snubber to allow the remaining pulses to fade out. 

1 hour ago, tmropr1991 said:

So it would be on the fuel line leading up to the injection pump?

This is mine for a mechanical pump. It has been like this for 8 years. I still use my factory filter.  I cannot see any harm in the gauge tap being at the pump with no filters after the tap for the gauge. This is between the factory filter and VP.post-10340-138698208787_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Be aware... Now with mechanical gauges typically there is 5 to 7 feet of tubing between the tap point and the gauge. Now with electric gauges you need the same amount of tubing distance as well. A lot of people just screw the sensor directly into the tap point. This is wrong. You need to have that 5 to 7 feet of tubing yet this what allows the pulses to fade into the distances of the tubing. Still need a snubber too..

22 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Be aware... Now with mechanical gauges typically there is 5 to 7 feet of tubing between the tap point and the gauge. Now with electric gauges you need the same amount of tubing distance as well. A lot of people just screw the sensor directly into the tap point. This is wrong. You need to have that 5 to 7 feet of tubing yet this what allows the pulses to fade into the distances of the tubing. Still need a snubber too..

I have the snubber on the sensor right now but I bought the fittings to put hose from the tap on the pump all the way up to the engine bay to put my sensor at the engine. So should I still keep the snubber at the sensor or put it at the tap for the pump?