• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Qaudzilla woes

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Go into the quadzilla section.  The video for how to update is pinned

i checked it out and that stuff is way over my head. Ill calll qaud mondsy and see if they updated my box when they fixed it. 

17 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm going to leave that to @Me78569 . I'm a Ubuntu Linux user not a Windows User. I couldn't tell you. 

Both. I built the wiretap. I'm not sure if it will be too smoky ot not.

Surf the site with the screen device and download the file. Then open iQuad app then switch back and open the downloaded tune. It should automatically open up in the iQuad and then you can name it. 

Dont seem to be working. can you do a written out version? 

• Owner
42 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

i checked it out and that stuff is way over my head. Ill calll qaud mondsy and see if they updated my box when they fixed it. 

Dont seem to be working. can you do a written out version? 

Ok then... Try one more. Go under custom tunning and then hit the IMPORT button. Select your downloaded file. That should work for sure. I just tried it out. 

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ok then... Try one more. Go under custom tunning and then hit the IMPORT button. Select your downloaded file. That should work for sure. I just tried it out. 

Theyre is no import button in the custom tuning section of my ipod. 

i solved the whine issue it was the oil pressure sensor touching a small steel pipe under the manifold. I found a 60hp injector mpg tune and tried that and it seems a bit better than the out of box tunes. Ill post up specs for the tune later and yall can help me makeit a 75hp injector mpg tune with wiretap. 

Finnaly got the tune imported. 

• Owner

It most likely the wiretap. The CANBus fuel can do only so much then there is a threshold for the wiretap. Then there is a kick in the pants. You really can't make it too smooth on wiretap hitting. Mine hit pretty good enough the tires come loose at mere half throttle now. 

If you building the wiretap on boost pressure only then you could dig a hole in the CANBus map and where the wiretap would start. 

Oh man, on my pervious base flash, I had wiretap set so that when the minimums were met, the wiretap would hit so hard that the truck would buck and squat and then launch into full wiretap. That was a lot of fun. I could even feather the throttle so the transistion process was more drawn out, and the passenger would be wondering what the hell was coming next. 

The current v2.7.7 flash is a pretty smooth transition IMO

• Haha 1

• Owner
11 hours ago, trreed said:

Oh man, on my pervious base flash, I had wiretap set so that when the minimums were met, the wiretap would hit so hard that the truck would buck and squat and then launch into full wiretap. That was a lot of fun. I could even feather the throttle so the transistion process was more drawn out, and the passenger would be wondering what the hell was coming next.

I just had some wonky limits set that when the wiretap hit it would bang the rear axle, then suck you into the seat. Once I played a bit and got the limits set about right then the wiretap mellowed out a bit more.

Well so far I’m not real impressed by this Qaud. Been trying to tune it all weekend and I can’t make it have smooth power. I have surging issues and it don’t idle right. I don’t like that they’re is such a hard hit when switching to wiretap. My edge never did that and it fueled so smooth. Wondering if this tuner just isn’t for me? I’m going to call Qaud and ensure they updated the board and if they did I may be tempted to switch to a different tuner. If I had all the time I wanted to play with tuning I might try harder but my time is limited and I expected it to be easier to get a good tune than it is. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I don’t like that they’re is such a hard hit when switching to wiretap.

Change the Maximum fuel stretch down towards 1,200.

TPS Max should be 100

TPS Min should be 0

Minim pump tap fueling should be 0

Pump low boost scale PSI go from 10 up towards 15

Boost scaling should be 40

Another is number of power level change it from 7 to 11. Now turn down the power level to mellow the hit. 

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

If I had all the time I wanted to play with tuning I might try harder but my time is limited and I expected it to be easier to get a good tune than it is. 

Try a Smarty Touch it's even more complex and crazy. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Change the Maximum fuel stretch down towards 1,200.

TPS Max should be 100

TPS Min should be 0

Minim pump tap fueling should be 0

Pump low boost scale PSI go from 10 up towards 15

Boost scaling should be 40

Another is number of power level change it from 7 to 11. Now turn down the power level to mellow the hit. 

Try a Smarty Touch it's even more complex and crazy. 

I’m thinking a xzt or so3 sounds easy enough lol.

• Owner

You'll be stuck with stock injectors. Can't adjust timing or fuel maps. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline and Smarty Touch are the only two tuners that allow for cleaning burning 7 x 0.010 injectors. 

Edge Juice and Edge Comp are very dirty with +50 HP and above. I've got an Edge Comp and its a smoke bomb with 7 x 0.010. It was a smoke bomb with 7 x 0.0085 injectors. Canned tuners are junk on anything bigger than stock. Timing is for sure wrong fuel map way too smoky. I'll admit on stock and RV275's wasn't bad. Starts getting smoky with +50 HP. There is no way to use large injectors on Edge product.

S03 is also stuck to fair small injectors and very limited timing control.

If you ever got down here to Idaho I'd straighten that out in a mere few minutes. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You'll be stuck with stock injectors. Can't adjust timing or fuel maps. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline and Smarty Touch are the only two tuners that allow for cleaning burning 7 x 0.010 injectors. 

Edge Juice and Edge Comp are very dirty with +50 HP and above. I've got an Edge Comp and its a smoke bomb with 7 x 0.010. It was a smoke bomb with 7 x 0.0085 injectors. Canned tuners are junk on anything bigger than stock. Timing is for sure wrong fuel map way too smoky. I'll admit on stock and RV275's wasn't bad. Starts getting smoky with +50 HP. There is no way to use large injectors on Edge product.

S03 is also stuck to fair small injectors and very limited timing control.

If you ever got down here to Idaho I'd straighten that out in a mere few minutes. 

If I switch I hoe to end up with rvs and am xzt or ez

• Owner

I don't suggest EZ because of circuit board issues. There known for water getting in the module and failing. 

If you going this route don't go above RV275's. That will be the cleanest you can do. 

Oh, be aware early series of ECM don't like being flashed too much with a Smarty S03. Some ECM's have been known to fail. Then you take the risk of being locked out and not being able to start your truck then have to pay $150 buck to recover your ECM. One of the few Smarty issues it does happen. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Well so far I’m not real impressed by this Qaud. Been trying to tune it all weekend and I can’t make it have smooth power. I have surging issues and it don’t idle right. I don’t like that they’re is such a hard hit when switching to wiretap. My edge never did that and it fueled so smooth. Wondering if this tuner just isn’t for me? I’m going to call Qaud and ensure they updated the board and if they did I may be tempted to switch to a different tuner. If I had all the time I wanted to play with tuning I might try harder but my time is limited and I expected it to be easier to get a good tune than it is. 

Step #1, is to understand the tuning.  you need to read the below article and understand what the tuning variables do.  

If you are not willing to put in time to tune your truck, then it won't work well.  The quadzilla is not supposed to be like the edge.  The edge is plug and play and you get what you get.  The quadzilla gives YOU the power to make the truck run like you want.  

Hence the verbage at the start of the how to article. 

I know the Quadzilla is up to the task because I have only had 1 instance where a truck didn't run well with it and I have helped tune, in person, over a dozen trucks and vastly more over the internet.   Every Edge to Quad convert that took the time to tune the truck said it is smoother and puts down more power with less smoke.  

I've been watching this thread and I have not seen any specific questions asked. I have not seen any of the tuning steps done.  

Have your tuned your canbus curve BEFORE messing with wiretap IE levels 4+ ?  are you happy with your canbus tuning?   are you happy with your timing curve?  Have you datalogged your changes to compare and isolate issues?

I think you are trying to speed through the tuning process by combining steps and getting less than stellar results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1