• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok I got new ecm and power is back and pulls great, but it still has a miss at idle, I dont know if it has miss a cruise speed or not but I do know if you put a bypass box on it it runs just fine. So where to look? I am thinking wire harness?Is wire harness two peace or single harness, in other words am I dealing with a night mare to do my self?

ive never changed the harness on a dodge but i have replaced the engine harness on a isb cummins in a motor home and a couple freightliner chassis its not a real big deal if its a new oem harness, single harness plug and play the only difficult plug was the cam sensor behind the vp-44. good luck with it.

Oh man... that sucks about your electrical problems... It is just a one piece deal on these. Posted Image

I just replaced mine trying to run down an electrical problem also..... Not too bad to do. Like he said that one plug behind the IP is kinda hard to reach and there are a couple other spots you will cuss about, but not too bad.

Ok I just came back from a 450 mile round trip and I am about to fine me some dynamite and blow this *************** thing to the moon. It is right back to surging and missing and lopeing. I cant take this crap no longer. I have spent 3500.00 in the passed 3 weeks and no head way. Here's a list of everything that has been replaced in the last year, oh and if you wont to, start bidding because I am about to by a ford. Blue Chip pump 1800.00 2 weeks old ECM 2 days old from Dodge 1100.00 DDP injectors 2 weeks old 500.00 New Fan and Clutch New Cam Sensor New A/C Delco Starter 3 months old New A/C Compressor 12 months and blows 30 degree South Bend Clutch 2 years BD Intake Edge EZ with in cab power switch 3months old New KYB shocks New Brakes all the way around with drums and rotors New Airdog 150 draw straw Airdog 100 19 months old Pricol Gagues 19 months old New Radiator 2 years old Steering Gear Box 2 year New Drive Shaft, carrier bearing and u joints 12 Months 5 Inch Exhaust with Muffler 12 months

Truck is cab and chassis

It smoking at all??? Valves set right?? You need to get ahold of an ISB compression test adapter and check for good compression on this motor.... You will find out real quick if you got a mechanical issue, you might have a low hole I have seen a couple like this before. You haven't drilled the connector tubes out larger have you? like this... http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/STR-TU-15-26.html or this is the one i use and the one we used to use at the dodge house. snap on. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=68606&group_ID=1430

• Owner

Ok I just came back from a 450 mile round trip and I am about to fine me some dynamite and blow this *************** thing to the moon. It is right back to surging and missing and lopeing. I cant take this crap no longer. I have spent 3500.00 in the passed 3 weeks and no head way. Here's a list of everything that has been replaced in the last year, oh and if you wont to, start bidding because I am about to by a ford. Blue Chip pump 1800.00 2 weeks old ECM 2 days old from Dodge 1100.00 DDP injectors 2 weeks old 500.00 New Fan and Clutch New Cam Sensor New A/C Delco Starter 3 months old New A/C Compressor 12 months and blows 30 degree South Bend Clutch 2 years BD Intake Edge EZ with in cab power switch 3months old New KYB shocks New Brakes all the way around with drums and rotors New Airdog 150 draw straw Airdog 100 19 months old Pricol Gagues 19 months old New Radiator 2 years old Steering Gear Box 2 year New Drive Shaft, carrier bearing and u joints 12 Months 5 Inch Exhaust with Muffler 12 months

Truck is cab and chassis
Yeah but you know if the cheater box is used then the problem is gone... So if the VP44 and ECM are new then that leaves the wiring in between that is faulty...

How are the injectors?Once you get some heat in them sometimes they can change if there bad or getting bad.Have you had them long?Have you checked the water/fuel.I had some bad fuel and it killed my injectors.Just a little vary little water can stop the pintle from working proper.

i'm still leaning torward the harness. check to see the price of that thing yet. the motorhome i replaced one in had a miss that we could not isolate and the harness ohmed out fine to cummins specs. it was under warranty so cummins footed the bill on that and it did cure the problem. (something to concider before blowing it up) good luck man!

i'm still leaning torward the harness. check to see the price of that thing yet. the motorhome i replaced one in had a miss that we could not isolate and the harness ohmed out fine to cummins specs. it was under warranty so cummins footed the bill on that and it did cure the problem. (something to concider before blowing it up) good luck man!

I am with you It's got to be the harness, and I wonder how much will that cost? It runs good with the cheater box and that eliminates the electronics in vp and ecm so what else is left?

--- Update to the previous post...

kc04

Name: kc04

Title: Still learnin!!

Member`s Gallery

Posts: 51 Well it sounds like a f**ked up lope. Trucks runs fine and doesnt miss goin down the road just at idle. Its like a counterfit lope. I guess if i wanted to put a smoke switch and telleverybody i had a hotrod pump it would be ok. But this is fixin to get my truck sold. Im about fed up with it and nobdy seems to know what it is.

01 24v 4x4 reg cab 5spd 5in raptor 150 comp box DDP 110s Turbo coming soon!

Wifes 04.5 4x4 smarty dr performance= TOTALED

Wifes 06 vw passot tdi! Bone stock and 43mpg

I hope Michael dont mind but this came off another fourm and this is a guy that heard my truck on utube and he has the exact same problem.