• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 3500 no power,sucks fuel like it's free

On 5/24/2019 at 8:00 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Not really. 12 MPG is something you should see towing 8,000 pound trailer.

Sorry for not getting this on here sooner..Only excuse:  I'm a roofer, we had hail come through, been extremely busy.

Here is what I know:  Gears should be 4:10 (based on codes), I have a Smarty tuner set on 2, injectors I have zero clue, Automatic with Gear Vendor overdrive that I use every chance I can.  I did add a S+B cold air intake & a Banks intake with the down tube, I changed out all battery/power & negative cables & cleaned up all grounds (I believe it was 7 total including the post under the battery box that had 13 corroded ground wires connected to one terminal it.)  Installed a new Carter lift pump (temporary until I change the entire system.  Wheels: I am running 2018 OEM 18", and let's see removed the BD exhaust brake was rusted shut, but I have it operating now & will reinstall.  Let's see I removed the 3 piece driveshaft & carrier bearing & installed a one piece driveshaft..

Transmission gasket/flush, 4 KYB gas adjust shocks (which I like, but I'm, thinking the front coils need replaced) 

When I have time .S-.belt, water pump, belt tensioner, etc

Blow by:  Have tried the kettle test (no bounce at all) I had a local shop check it out when I first brought it home, said it needed nothing (I won't go there for now) 

I now have my gauges Fuel, EGT & boost. & will have them in over the next 2 weeks.

I have a 10K bumper pull camper have only pulled 3 times campground & back (within a 100 mile radious) & I use it for work as of right now.

I do not beat it at all, I did take it up to Black Hills last year & On the return trip I pulled a aluminum trailer with 2 motorcycles on it. I ran 80+ for about 600 miles & averaged out to 15.6 MPG

My first Diesel & I want to add the this site as well as Mopar man helping other forum sites with info, I did it all myself & want to continue to do so.  Big Thank you! 

Miles currently are 76K

Ok with all that said, I am thinking it is time to change out the injectors as I suspect they are original.  I am after 3 things, Mileage, Dependability & next winters paint job.  

Any suggestions on what injectors I should try?  I will probably have the old ones tested. 

PS: this was only a test pic for getting the vinyl lettering done

Sign Test Pic.jpg

Truck looks good.

If truck really has less than 100k I thi k I'd sujest a quad programmer first. If truck had 200k I'd say I injectors first.

That's a good looking truck

Mopar man has helped out the dodge guys alot. Many have helped him to.

• Owner
5 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

I reupped again but not sure how much that helps if it goes for the site.

Yes it all goes to the site. I only get a cut of what left over after bills are paid. If the income is low I lose a paycheck or its really skinny like April of $20 for the month. 

5 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

I would send a check directly if I could.

Check cost me a 250 mile round trip to the bank to process. No longer have a local bank. Then I need to transfer the funds from my personal account to M73M Paypal account.

When you use the debit card. I don't have to drive 250 miles to a bank and back and then I don't have to transfer funds. Its directly deposited in the Paypal account. Much easy for the bookkeeper to keep up with. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Evan said:

Truck looks good.

If truck really has less than 100k I thi k I'd sujest a quad programmer first. If truck had 200k I'd say I injectors first.

That's a good looking truck

Mopar man has helped out the dodge guys alot. Many have helped him to.

Thank you.  All indicators I have including title check/car fax & seriously looking it over for tell-tale signs before buying the mileage is accurate. So you think I should change it from a Smarty3 tuner to a Quad (I  assume you mean quadzilla)  ?

Everything I read about Tuners Smarty3 was the choice for best and/or practical mpg, etc. (Until I bought it & had it installed then I found 2 respected opinions mentioning the Quadzilla as a possible better choice.  

My list is so long now of wanted maintenance & upgrades.  Dowel, electrical interference (converter lock), transfer case support (supposedly a mount that fits GM will work in a direct fit), cooling system bypass, transducer etc for the Tranny  and on & on.

• Owner

Smarty S-03 is very limited tuner. No adjustable timing or fuel maps for larger injectors. It was design around a stock injectors. Quadzilla has full fuel table control and timing control to fit your fuel system. Like Smarty S-03 limits to 19° BTDC for timings for most settings. Like Quadzilla and 7 x 0.010 @ 320 Bar injectors I run 24° BTDC timing which cannot be done on Smarty S-03.

Capture+_2019-05-30-11-30-56.png

Capture+_2019-06-21-10-33-35.png

Capture+_2019-06-21-10-33-44.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man