• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upgrades to 2000 2500 for towing

2 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Its more about the people, we Jerseyans are stuck up, every time this comes up on referendum, the idea of self serve, it fails. I'm not sure if it will ever become a self serve state.

The funny thing for me was that I was a Jerseyan for a year back in 1959. My dad took a job up there. We moved from NC. Went to first grade up there.

My dad didn't  like it there and we moved back to NC after school was out. My mom used to tell me any time I read to her for the next couple years I had a Jersey accent.

3 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I'm not understanding, are you saying pumping your gas is wron, or hem playin emissions nazis?

Just sayin back in the days when full service and self service gas station were   right next to each other  and when gas was .70 cents a gallon, you usually paid a few more cents per gallon to have full service if you chose to do so and have your vehicle checked out while being filled , but in today’s world of get in and get out I’m sure places like that don’t exist anymore . I would really like to see more places like true full service at least for my wife’s or daughters sake who can seem to get very laxed on vehicle maintenance especially when I can be gone for several days at a time, I would encourage them to use full service if places like that existed anymore.

But to have a state dictate that you cannot pump your own fuel I think that’s wrong, I just wonder how many of them people pumping your fuel actually do anything except hold the nozzle and take your money

as far as emissions, I’m just glad that’s something I don’t have to deal with, In Colorado those are dictated by what county you live in, mostly in the metro areas and suburbs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Feeling free I guess, even though I'm a slave to the system in one way or another. It's all how you look at it. We can have an endless thread on this subject. 

I often wonder this when I'm coming back from a trip up at the cabin. I called a guy who had his cabin for sale, $70,000 for 2.58 acres with OGM rights. **** then I go get a job hauling fracking water for $30 an hour and love like @Mopar1973Man lol. World away from Jersey hustle.

10 hours ago, dripley said:

The funny thing for me was that I was a Jerseyan for a year back in 1959. My dad took a job up there. We moved from NC. Went to first grade up there.

My dad didn't  like it there and we moved back to NC after school was out. My mom used to tell me any time I read to her for the next couple years I had a Jersey accent.

Over the 4.5 years I worked at my old job working in and out of NYC and living in PA I was told by my friends I lost my Jersey accent, but at the same time my Jersey friends said I had an Irish accent, which is weird because where I was living in PA is heavily German. 

9 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Just sayin back in the days when full service and self service gas station were   right next to each other  and when gas was .70 cents a gallon, you usually paid a few more cents per gallon to have full service if you chose to do so and have your vehicle checked out while being filled , but in today’s world of get in and get out I’m sure places like that don’t exist anymore . I would really like to see more places like true full service at least for my wife’s or daughters sake who can seem to get very laxed on vehicle maintenance especially when I can be gone for several days at a time, I would encourage them to use full service if places like that existed anymore.

But to have a state dictate that you cannot pump your own fuel I think that’s wrong, I just wonder how many of them people pumping your fuel actually do anything except hold the nozzle and take your money

as far as emissions, I’m just glad that’s something I don’t have to deal with, In Colorado those are dictated by what county you live in, mostly in the metro areas and suburbs.

The gas station I worked in required is to wash windshields. But he gave us a super long window washer like for truck stops, so it was easy for us to do. We also would check oil and such when asked. 

Those were the days, I think I used to get about 30 numbers a summer there. Not to mention my second girlfriend haha, first out of high school I should say.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:43 AM, dripley said:

I built 2 CFA's in NJ. Mt Laurel and Howell. Howell was all union. Had some good people on the job but I never could grasp all of the union rules and regs. 

The biggest mistake I made was pulling into the gas station and started pumping my own fuel. The guy in the kiosk liked to had a heart attack. 

Gee they still do this?  

I grew up in NJ and our family moved down to Virginia in 1980 during the recession.  This was the time states where starting to adopt self-server gas.  Remember pulling into a VA gas station and sitting there for 15 minutes complaining about the poor customer service.  Fast forward a few years,  went back to NJ and as soon as I grab the fuel nozzle four guys came out shouting at me.  You think I murdered someone.    LOL.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JD435 said:

Gee they still do this?  

I grew up in NJ and our family moved down to Virginia in 1980 during the recession.  This was the time states where starting to adopt self-server gas.  Remember pulling into a VA gas station and sitting there for 15 minutes complaining about the poor customer service.  Fast forward a few years,  went back to NJ and as soon as I grab the fuel nozzle four guys came out shouting at me.  You think I murdered someone.    LOL.

Pretty much my experience except there was only one. This happened back in 01 when my truck was brand spanking new.