• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Coffee And Morning Thoughts for the day.......

JAG1

• Staff

I have a gut feeling that with what is happening in the auto industry these days that the old cars, being a lot of them are already valuable, are now going to go thru the stratosphere hitting astronomical prices. I'm talking the kind of money you can retire on. Even 70's 80's vintage are going to be in greater demand. Watch over your second gen truck.... nice ones are only starting to go up in price.

That's my thoughts or my jet fuel coffee........Mopar Man drinks 90 weight with 5 spoons sugar lol :thumb1:

• Like 1

• Owner
21 hours ago, JAG1 said:

That's my thoughts or my jet fuel coffee........Mopar Man drinks 90 weight with 5 spoons sugar lol :thumb1:

What?!?! No half and half are you kidding? :punish:

21 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I have a gut feeling that with what is happening in the auto industry these days that the old cars, being a lot of them are already valuable, are now going to go thru the stratosphere hitting astronomical prices. I'm talking the kind of money you can retire on. Even 70's 80's vintage are going to be in greater demand. Watch over your second gen truck.... nice ones are only starting to go up in price.

There really is a shortage of 2nd gen trucks up here. The sell quick and hard to get ahold of. Even the most raty looking 2nd Gen can go for good price yet just because the engine still runs.

• Staff

I think there is money to be made if you know them well enough to find them in the rough for a good price and then fix them.  Auto industry is seeing tighter smog restriction requirements, more than ever before and it is beginning to affect sales. 

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
52 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Auto industry is seeing tighter smog restriction requirements, more than ever before and it is beginning to affect sales. 

Like I've been informed by @dieselautopower they now have a tuners to just simply turn of the EGR and reduce the amount of regens that occur. No need to delete anything. So visually it passes emissions testing just the devices are logically disabled and no error codes thrown. This will open lots of doors for newer generations. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Dripley drinks irish cream straight and I tried to tell him it's better in coffee, but won't listen....:)

So you are saying there is a tuner that virtually eliminates or by passes the problematic emissions? That's got to be cool! If it's true then mileage numbers should increase.

Another question.... why hasn't the common rail fuel system owners been speaking much or posting much about them. Are they afraid to speak the truth about it for fear of rapid devaluation in their trucks. Or is it that a lot of these guys just go trade in every 100,000 and don't care?

Dripley had all his wrenches made with custom handles....''honey hand me the 10mm drum stick please''. LOL

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Haven't there been other tuners that tweak the emission systems on vehicles that the government took criminal and/or civil action against?  

11 hours ago, dripley said:

Throw you some Amaretto and Irish cream in there and you will have the coffee that made chickens famous.

1554376865_chicken-pouring-coffee1.jpg.a858e68098c9dfd658f482cd2631becd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

Haven't there been other tuners that tweak the emission systems on vehicles that the government took criminal and/or civil action against?  

1554376865_chicken-pouring-coffee1.jpg.a858e68098c9dfd658f482cd2631becd.jpg

That's what I'm thinking, either electronic delete or mechanical delete you still get in trouble right?

Coffee ready.... gets my EGR working required by a.o.c.

• Like 1

• Owner

Electronic delete I love because you just saving all the part for the emission test. "Lookie, see all my parts are there." Truck passes. Electronically it does nothing. 

Coffee wise I do a double shot of half and half and a teaspoon of sugar. Pour that coffee down my throat. EGR can just lay there and look pretty. I wouldn't want all that carbon pumped back into my engine.

• Like 2

• Staff
2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

either electronic delete or mechanical delete you still get in trouble right?

Let's see what Volkswagen has to say about that... "Yes, taken to the wood shed trouble.  

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Man, I'm seeing nuts people, drivers everywhere and very few cops anywhere. 

They must be from that the last group that fled from California.

Here in California the police are considered a revenue generator for the city/county/state so there are a lot of them around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

You know I haven't registered my slide in camper for ten years now. I do carry the title with me. Just seems that without wheels it should be considered cargo like in California. So far many officers have driven by.... one even waved at me pulling out of a rest stop and we were the only ones there on the Oregon coast. It funny..... I made sure to park soo the expired tag was very visible, but he only waved.

Tags on the truck are always current.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 10:01 AM, JAG1 said:

You know I haven't registered my slide in camper for ten years now. I do carry the title with me. Just seems that without wheels it should be considered cargo like in California. So far many officers have driven by.... one even waved at me pulling out of a rest stop and we were the only ones there on the Oregon coast. It funny..... I made sure to park soo the expired tag was very visible, but he only waved.

Tags on the truck are always current.

There are still some good people out there, but it's getting more rear to find.

• Staff
On 8/8/2019 at 6:21 PM, Dieselfuture said:

There are still some good people out there, but it's getting more rear to find.

Yes I know.... a lot of money hungry tactics practiced these days. You really got to listen to your gut feeling to tell when to stay away and when someone is like family.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Yes I know.... a lot of money hungry almost scam tactics being practiced these days. You really got to listen to your gut feeling to tell when to stay away and when someone is like family.

Those that give you most crap are the ones to keep