• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got a Urea Burner yesterday

flman

I know this wont be all that impressive amongst the soot blowing high torque Cummins crowd. But I had enough of shifting Big Blue and climbing into a high truck (getting near 50), the DOT stops, and the fact that it was more work to drive Big Blue. So I bought an unimpressive V-6 Diesel. I wish an American company would make something like this, and I thought Ford or Chevy would have copied it, but no such luck, so here it is. And Dodge dropped out of the Van business for now, maybe they will be the ones to make a high van, if they drop back in?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png

Thanks for the compliments guys and M73M for the gloom and doom :rolleyes:. I am going up in fuel mileage by about 8 MPG, so a gallon or 2 every 10,000 miles is not going to be all that awful. I read you can get it elsewhere for like $2.50 per gallon. Today I had it idling and took a look at the tail pipe, it is still shiny new inside at 700 miles, and it emits no odor once it is warmed up, it smells like the draft hood of a gas furnace.I am sure I am going to enjoy the ease of driving this and working out of it, but I will always have a place in my heart for Big Blue :cry: Got her 11 years ago, when my vision was 20/20 and my hair was still all brown. (2001 MY built in early 2000)I will post some pics when I get it all equipped, built a custom ladder rack today, will be able to store the ladder inside with no roof rack, should be able to maintain the 19 MPG with the streamline of the vehicle.

• Owner

Thanks for the compliments guys and M73M for the gloom and doom :rolleyes:.

Sorry... I had to mention it because the local forestry office (USFS) just got a few urea burners too... When I was hanging around local Chevron station one of the guys brought me a bottle of Urea and ask what that was... I Look it over sure enough its in a gallon jug price wrote on the bottle at $11.25 a gallon!!! I ask the owner about this and he can't get it any cheaper currently... As for Urea and sources locally I've only seen the one place... As for knowledge on it your right...

I read you can get it elsewhere for like $2.50 per gallon.

I seen several article about it roughly the same price as diesel per gallon... But not here in Riggins, ID :spend:

Sorry... I had to mention it because the local forestry office (USFS) just got a few urea burners too... When I was hanging around local Chevron station one of the guys brought me a bottle of Urea and ask what that was... I Look it over sure enough its in a gallon jug price wrote on the bottle at $11.25 a gallon!!! I ask the owner about this and he can't get it any cheaper currently... As for Urea and sources locally I've only seen the one place... As for knowledge on it your right... I seen several article about it roughly the same price as diesel per gallon... But not here in Riggins, ID :spend:

I kind of figured every thing is top dollar in no man's land, supply and demand. I am sure the USFS should have no problem paying for it, they will just raise our taxes :broke:

Looks like a "party wagon"!!!! What are you plans for the inside??..........small hotel?????.........homeless shelter???.............or just another place for "your stuff"???!!!!!:lmao2::lmao2:

Refrigeration & HVAC, bosses truck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a few days of installing shelves and putting lots of thought into stocking it, I am about 99% complete now. With all the space on the left side vs the right side I almost have the load balanced, the right side is 1/4 inch higher front and rear, and I put as much heavy stuff as I could fit on the right side. I think it should be OK with that little bit of load height difference? Notice I even insulated the bulk head with silver bubble wrap insulation. It should help with noise and that cold draft down my neck this winter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That hole for the ladder under the parts holder is really slick! I always see people strap them to the roof or just throw it in the back and slam the door really fast. That has to be the best setup ever. No hassle of a trailer in tight spots or places with a lot of traffic and all the parts in the world. Incredibly nice work! :thumbup2:

That hole for the ladder under the parts holder is really slick! I always see people strap them to the roof or just throw it in the back and slam the door really fast. That has to be the best setup ever. No hassle of a trailer in tight spots or places with a lot of traffic and all the parts in the world. Incredibly nice work! :thumbup2:

Thanks ISX, I had that idea in my head for over a month, I was going to strap it up on the inner roof, but it would be close to banging my head, I can slide it in the box alot quicker and easier with no lifting, I don't like the clutter that most vans have going on. We have an 05 Sprinter with a roof rack, it is electric operated and cost alot of money, and has gotten whacked more then once, and then we had to straighten out out the best we could.

what is nice is you can stand straight up and work inside the van! doing cable contracting, i've always thought a sprinter would be sweet. i wounder if you could put a 30' bucket on that van? they put em on E350s

That is why I got the Sprinter, nothing in the USA compares to it for being easy to work out of without banging your head, and all the extra cargo space. I am not sure about a bucket on them, its weakness is that it is uni-body. Ford is body on frame, I have seen buckets on Fords for years, but never on a Dodge or Chevy. I guess for the past 10 years Chevy has been body on frame since the release of the Savannah vans, but I have not noticed a bucket on one yet?