• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3 way lockup switch

I’m thinking I’d like a lockup switch but I also want the option of having fully factory operation for when my wife or some other unsuspecting person drives my truck. I’m thinking factory/unlocked/locked.

Is it possible? How would one go about wiring that up? 

Reason I want a switch is my triple disk converter seems to lockup to early for my engine. (All stock engine/tuning with exception to trans goodies from dynamic and the triple disk TC) It severely barks the turbo sometimes if I’m into the throttle enough or if I’m really light on the pedal it will actually lock and then immediately unlock almost as if it quickly realizes it’s too soon. This happens around 43-45mph. There is zero ac noise and I’ve replaced both speed sensors with no resolution. 

Edited by skyhigh4by

@skyhigh4by Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way @IBMobile has the lock up switch wired the truck will lock and unlock the converter normally --like the switch doesn't exist-- if you don't activate it. His switch just allows you to lock the converter when you choose to. If you don't touch the switch--normal transmission function. You push momentary switch---converter will lock and stepping on brake will unlock. Push momentary switch AND activate toggle or foot switch---converter locks and brake DOES NOT unlock converter. Anyone can drive the truck as long as they dont touch the switches. It parallels the factory circuit and should have no effect on factory functions unless you activate it. It should do exactly what you want.

Edited by Gregturley
  • Thanks 1

@IBMobile Just today i started wiring up your lock up for my truck. I've got everything wired on the bench with extra wire because i haven't decided where I'm putting the switches yet. Now i just need to find time to get it in the truck. Thank you for the work to design this and the excellent write up to go with it. It still amazes me the amount knowledge and help available on this site from yourself, @Mopar1973Man, @Dynamic, @Me78569 and everyone else. Thanks to you all.

20190917_205957.jpg

• Thanks 2