• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No power until 2K RPMS

So long story short truck has a nv4500 swap from an 01 with an 02 motor that had the auto. Truck is extremely gutless until around 2000 rpms. Once you hit that it’s a completely different truck. Has an air dog that keeps 18psi fuel pressure. Have cleaned both iat and map. Can free rev all day but once you put a load in it there is a very noticeable lack of power. Checked codes and only codes I am getting are for the auto trans. 

@kzimmer above 25mph low rpm high throttle it does what seems like nothing. Just keeps slowly gaining speed

@Mopar1973Man error codes for ecm are 0602 0230. Shows a 1693 on dash but no code with hand held scan tool. Has an air dog that keeps proper fuel pressure

i might add it’s an 02 body and motor that was the auto on a 01 chassis and trans that was the manual using the 01 wire harness

• Owner

MAP should trip a code if its out of range. If you had a Quadzilla tuner you can watch the boost pressure on the display to see if the sensor is damaged. Ill admit most MAP sensors are skewed and not very accurate. Like my truck only goes to 47 PSI but Quadzilla shows a max of 67 PSI. Which I know is highly skewed. My 0 to 20 PSI is good but above 25 PSI is starting to skew.

@Evan when unplugged the only change is that I get a CEL otherwise everything else is the same 

@dripley that’s exactly how mine is. You aren’t getting there fast but you can get to most posted speed limits. Ran with a scanner today and the map increased and decreased as it should but only hit a high of 25% engine load. Only concern was engine off key on map shows 21 psi of boost

Engine off key on showing 21psi this is right where it would defuel and show over boost code on a stock truck.

Wouldnt a boost fooled truck basically make the map not ever see that 21psi or 22 where ever it actually decides to defuel.

If its reading that with key off would that mean its defueiling at idle while running

A lot depends on what you are reading boost with. At idle in my truck the mechanical gauge reads 0. My scan gauge II reads in the high twenties, the same with engine off.  The Quad is very similar in how it reads. With a failed MAP the SC II reads 14.6 constant. Familiar number for us near sea level folks.

@Jacobbish IIRC you said your truck comes to life at 2000. Am I mistaken? Failed MAP on mine never comes to life. 

The ECM never sees the numbers my SC II sees, it reads the number properly.