• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door misalignment, how to fix this?

• Staff

I know you can adjust door hinges and such but I don't believe this is the case here. I have pics from down the side of the body bottom, middle and top of the door to show what I mean. Not sure how to go about adjusting this. Roll window down, put a wood block in the door and push on the top portion only? 

IMG_20200101_123926645.jpg

IMG_20200101_123931237_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200101_123938405_HDR.jpg

• Staff

IBMobile had the top of his door pulled out so hard I believe it broke the glass. A bear did that trying to get to the candy he won't stop leavin in there. He has no teeth left, but won't stop eatin it.  Hopefully he will jump in to say what he did to fix it. :thumb1:

• Haha 2

• Staff

49 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

IBMobile had the top of his door pulled out so hard I believe it broke the glass. A bear did that trying to get to the candy he won't stop leavin in there. He has no teeth left, but won't stop eatin it.  Hopefully he will jump in to say what he did to fix it. :thumb1:

'My door looks the same as @Doubletrouble"s and yes, a bear did it.  The bears put there claws between the top of the door and the body and pull bending the window frame until the glass brakes.  The bear then climbs through the open window and does what ever he wants to do.  We had left a banana and a can of nuts no candy in the cab.  I never bothered  to fix it 

I have all of my teeth unlike @JAG1 who is slowly losing his marbles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Staff
1 minute ago, Royal Squire said:

You may be able to roll window down, block door open a few inches and tweak window frame back into shape by pushing top corner in toward body 

I was thinking about posting the same thought. I would jamb the door open using some rolled up foam padding, Standing inside the bed, reaching over the cab across to the window frames on both sides I would start pulling both sides together. I would start gently adding more pressure as needed until the drivers window is aligned correctly

IBMobile .... just givin ya hell  cause its funny Boss :poke::lol:

Mine looks the same and it was from locking the keys in the the truck. Me outside looking at both my everyday set anf the my spare set sitting on the console.:doh::doh:. I have just never tried to fix it. The guy used one of the small air bags to open the corner enough to poke the lock button. It happened again some years later with the spares in another state. Afraid I was not very gentle doing  similar method, but got the door open.