Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone!, Im Cody.

 

I have not been to forums for awhile for vehicles, used to be on Dodgeintrepid.net for years, but finally blew up at 300k and didn't buy another, still check in from time to time to help people out. Went into the VW scene, full vagcom setup ect. 

Never left my love for Dodges behind, I have a tired 1991 Dodge B250 van that is just not cutting it for work anymore, motors over 240k, cant tow anymore and a 1500 that I share custody over if I really need to haul. So I've been looking at a Diesel to love on. The search has gone on for 3 years now to find one cheap enough I can cash out on a single income and rebuild. Found one with a possible bad pcm for half the price of any trucks in a 400 mile radius still running. Looking forward to becoming a member anyways as my search continues, a lot of great info on here. 

 

A little about myself, I'm a Service Technician, I provide tech support to way too many people all over the world, and also rehab broken HVAC units. I have too many hobbies to list, but some are carpentry, welding, hiking when I don't hurt, and helping friends with their vehicles. I have a hobby shack (inside joke) its mostly a over sized tool shed with limited power still. And I love collecting parts because Ill use it some day...

 

20180630_115612.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors

Welcome to the Forum. About the hobbies.... I love stuff that you get a strong sense of accomplishment. Right now building a H bent for stout storage shed to put away all the things in my way to free up the garage. IBMobile is coming and needs a neat as pin garage or he turns right around leaves.:lol: Can't have that so it will have every wall full of shelving, real plywood walls and 6/12 metal roof. The best part is 2 foot overhangs all around. Makes me happy to finally get to do something for myself :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Welcome to the Forum. About the hobbies.... I love stuff that you get a strong sense of accomplishment. Right now building a H bent for stout storage shed to put away all the things in my way to free up the garage. IBMobile is coming and needs a neat as pin garage or he turns right around leaves.:lol: Can't have that so it will have every wall full of shelving, real plywood walls and 6/12 metal roof. The best part is 2 foot overhangs all around. Makes me happy to finally get to do something for myself :thumb1:

Is this sorta what you are building.

Screenshot_20200131-140409_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
3 hours ago, The_Jackale said:

Is this sorta what you are building.

Screenshot_20200131-140409_Chrome.jpg

Naw.... nothin that nice, just a 10x10 with a cathedral ceiling, it will get all the smalls out of the shop and make it a lot better to work in there. Trying to make everything look old west style. Love that look but expensive for the board and batt siding. Got the framing done and dried in now. Metal roof gets picked up tuesday.

Edited by JAG1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors

Welcome to the mad house; sounds like you'll fit right in here playing with your truck.

 

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

IBMobile is coming and needs a neat as pin garage or he turns right around leaves

I'm not that bad, I just need good coffee to keep me working.1039884873_madazubg1.jpg.7d0b9aebd6bdff825e239764acec9d8d.jpg  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up the truck and moved it 25 minutes to my brothers house. 3800 with 241k miles, new injection pump, alt, fss, 4 inch exhaust, filter, and wait......trans..he put 5 grand into the trans 10k miles ago

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I miss being on sites like these. Tomarrow is the big day I get to go rescue the truck for the 2nd time. Im going to post on the 2nd Gen forums, the best I can on a phone for the limp mode issue it has. Its a common the common one where no tach, no speedometer, no wait to start. Ect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
22 hours ago, JAG1 said:

IBMobile is coming and needs a neat as pin garage or he turns right around leaves.

 

Better stay away from here too. Too many tools stuck in the walls. :lmao: Then too many tools left out from previous jobs. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors

Cody, we turn little humor around here every once in awhile, Hope you don't mind...... we put a little distance from the daily grinding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Cody, we turn little humor around here every once in awhile, Hope you don't mind...... we put a little distance from the daily grinding.

You are my people!!! Not at all..

 

I have a terrible sense of dark humor. Soooo. Not a worry. 20200131_224055.jpg.fe9745338dac0315aa61e3f2571f559d.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

 

Better stay away from here too. Too many tools stuck in the walls. :lmao: Then too many tools left out from previous jobs. 

 

I hate that I can never clean up before starting a new project. The wife always yells at me for cleaning the shop too much, well......no one else is going to clean it!

She says: I don't understand how a person and clean so much, and for so long and never have it finished. 

No sense in the arguing, but when you so many hobbies you just end up buried haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Yup. Got my transmission back in and haven't been home in nearly 5 days. Seems like I get up drive to doctors appt and to dialysis. Got home last night went to sleep got up and now eating breakfast in Weiser ID. I only worked 1 day. Close to 1,200 miles this week.

 

So my shop is a trainwreck tools on the floor, dirty rags, bench is full of junk, yup it's a mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Major reason I need a truck, I haul a lot of scrap 2x6 pallets to build furniture it looks a lot nicer in the summer, trust me @winter-yard-art. Im also getting a car hauler and a smaller tractor to work on the side with. 

 

Shops actually cleaner inside, tracking down a speed sensor, dodge wants 350, but its 4 days out. Napa 180, autozone idiots say its 22, i said thats the gas variant, they told me THEY ARE THE SAME!! No. 

15805732836478197267555200480183.jpg.8cf3bf7364f2b23b10f2a08348a64975.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yup. Got my transmission back in and haven't been home in nearly 5 days. Seems like I get up drive to doctors appt and to dialysis. Got home last night went to sleep got up and now eating breakfast in Weiser ID. I only worked 1 day. Close to 1,200 miles this week.

 

So my shop is a trainwreck tools on the floor, dirty rags, bench is full of junk, yup it's a mess.

Im sorry to hear about that, I read some other posts. Hopefully everything is getting better. 

 

I also read down below on the main page, herbal supplements. I started laughing because I use Braggs to manage my diet, otherwise I'd be over 300lbs with a face full of junk food.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...