• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pepsi's modified 1999 Long Term Injector study.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys over the last week or so the stalling started getting worse, then the truck developed an odd idle and then yesterday morning I got fuel I literally lost 1mpg. 

Kinda puzzled.

Edited by pepsi71ocean

Could be the injectors contributing to it, and not just the pop pressure. I'm having a low rpm low load miss that I'm thinking is my injectors as well. 3 nozzles were replaced under warranty and I had them put on brand new aftermarket bodies. I'm guessing one of the other 3 died. I've had two different budget nozzle sets from different companies, both had a short life. How many miles do you have on yours? I know it's not the same issue, but it's something to think about. 

Mine has been getting more smokey too, I'm guessing pop is dropping. It really sucks that this stupid pop pressure drops so fast, you'd think there should be companies that can make an injector that last a few hundred thousand miles without problems. My 7x10 popped at 320 ran so smothe and smoke free first year it was amazing. Luckily I have a quad and able to adjust for it. Seriously thinking of getting my own pop tester and a shim kit. I think I'll be money ahead in few years and will be able to see how injectors behave and if one or two pop a lot lower than others, just to kind of keep track.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 11:06 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Mine has been getting more smokey too, I'm guessing pop is dropping. It really sucks that this stupid pop pressure drops so fast, you'd think there should be companies that can make an injector that last a few hundred thousand miles without problems. My 7x10 popped at 320 ran so smothe and smoke free first year it was amazing. Luckily I have a quad and able to adjust for it. Seriously thinking of getting my own pop tester and a shim kit. I think I'll be money ahead in few years and will be able to see how injectors behave and if one or two pop a lot lower than others, just to kind of keep track.  

Back in the day these trucks required allot more work and labor  intensive, like the old steam locomotives.

ANYWAYS haha

So I pulled the CKP sensor out and replaced it, and while i was doing that I discovered that my grease gun hose was leaking where it was shaved open by the drive shaft.  I also replaced that the following week, and then when I was pulling the truck back into the shop to do the grease gun hose i discovered another leak on the No.1 crossover-tube nut.

Hopfully my mpg and other stuff goes up.

So far in about a week of running the truck seems to run allot smoother.