• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok guys got my vacuum pump resealed, no more oil being pushed out the CCV, and got my vacuum lines replace so my heater works on all positions. Fixed the banjo bolt leak on the back of the head, and T fitting leak on the return line. But I still have a bad problem until the truck is fully warm it has no power still, and if the outside temp is below 40 it loses power bad. And still have a hard starting issue has to crank for around 20 seconds and then until it sets for about 3 hours itll stat back instantly. New batteries, cranks fast, new fuel filters, fass DRRP lift pump. 15psi fuel pressure idle, 9 WOT. Any ideas would help I'm thinking my VP44 is shitting the bed it's never been replaced.

8 hours ago, xFreightTrain21 said:

Yea I'm leaning towards vp44 theres a guy close to me with a few vp44s for sale anything wrong with putting a s/o pump on instead of a h/o

Many put so for better flow rating, I think they say ho is good to 500+ hp and so high 600s. HO is a little better for dd/efficiency. 

• Staff

Make sure the pump is rebuilt by a certified Bosch injection pump rebuilder. You will know it has been properly tested on the 250,000 dollar test stand required to rebuild them correctly. I think they are supposed to do the test run for 3 hrs or so before they box them up. Bosch also replaces the PSG board on top.

Your fuel pressure needs to be around 19 at idle so it won't go below 14 while hauling heavy on up hill grades. 15 psi is the absolute minimum you should ever allow.

10 hours ago, xFreightTrain21 said:

Yea I'm leaning towards vp44 theres a guy close to me with a few vp44s for sale anything wrong with putting a s/o pump on instead of a h/o

Used or rebuilt? Pricing? 

A reman with a warranty and new computer is right at a $1000.

• Staff
18 minutes ago, dripley said:

Used or rebuilt? Pricing? 

A reman with a warranty and new computer is right at a $1000.

I paid $1150 for my last one from Pacific fuel injection here in Portland, oregon.

7 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I like sticks and bricks instead of shipping and all that stuff Especially since they know me. 

No sticks and bricks out my for a VP. Though I am sure l could find one here somewhere that would sell me one for a couple grand.