• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

are you replacing the vp44 or just needing the gear off? if replacing this is what i have used i just used a long punch. make sure you can get a new nut or got a new one but just screw the nut on bout half way make sure all mounting nuts and bolts are out and give it one good smack and it will pop right out.

Do you need the bolt size? Or the space from bolt to bolt?

I have some info for you just dont know what you are looking for.

Just did mine yesterday.

--- Update to the previous post...

Posted Image

Posted Image

The puller to the left has a shorter shaft and fits better in the engine compartment.

Both of these pullers will work.

--- Update to the previous post...

Posted Image

I will get this thread size to you soon.

• Like 1

I might have mislead you about the puller fitting in the opening at the breather cover. It does not have to fit inside the opening. but you can see the gear thru the opening. any puller you can get in front of the gear will work. Mine came off very easisly. Just be careful with the key in the shaft, if it falls out into the gear case it will make the job much more difficult

• Like 1