• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel delivery problem etc

I appreciate the help and the quick responses.  Here's what I'm thinking.  

Option 1:  Stock injectors with a Quadzilla.  Maybe that would give me the bump I want when towing.  

Option 2:  Something like the RV 275 injectors and no tuner.  

Option 3:  07 x 010 with Quadzilla and hope my stock turbo will suffice.  Probably will need to get studs.  

I really just want a reliable truck that can pull my RV around the mountains and will pull a larger RV if I ever upgrade.  Thanks for the insights.  

32 minutes ago, trailhead said:

I appreciate the help and the quick responses.  Here's what I'm thinking.  

Option 1:  Stock injectors with a Quadzilla.  Maybe that would give me the bump I want when towing.  

Option 2:  Something like the RV 275 injectors and no tuner.  

Option 3:  07 x 010 with Quadzilla and hope my stock turbo will suffice.  Probably will need to get studs.  

I really just want a reliable truck that can pull my RV around the mountains and will pull a larger RV if I ever upgrade.  Thanks for the insights.  

Re option 1:  good option...definitely more power.  But I would still go a little bigger on the injectors since you gotta get new ones anyway...maybe some 7x.0085's (+75hp).

Re option 2:  not really gonna give you the extra power your looking for...just a small increase and still constrained by stock tuning. 

Re option 3:  most powerful option and would probably be ok egt wise if tuned properly but I would feel better with a little more turbo if towing.  It sure would be fun as hell to drive without a load though.

You would not need studs with a stock turbo.  I personally don't think studs are necessary unless you are boosting more than 45lbs.  Even then some people retorque the stock headbolts a little tighter than factory spec and still push 50lbs without issue.  But I'm not one of those guys. 

Edited by Bullet

Good choice...you'll be very satisfied with the extra power.

I don't run a Quad...I personally prefer more power :stirthepot:, reliability :nadkick:, ease of use :poke: and ease of install :tongue: out of my electronics so I went with a Smarty/TST Comp stack instead.  But with all that reluctantly said on here :moon:, the Quad is the best raw tuning platform but does have a learning factor involved and is definitely more complicated...and a more difficult install with all the gauges and sensors.  However there is no better place to be than this forum for Quad support and tutelage.  These dudes really know it well.:hug:

RV275's and a an edge ez or something similar are a good bump in power  and will tow well unless you want to climb the 6% hill going 65mph. All of this power stuff is just a matter of what you want. You are the one who gets to choose. If I missed your goals here I will be quiet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the truck back. No Quadzilla yet.  Should be here by the weekend.  Did end up getting 07x .010 injectors.  Smoke was manageable.  Felt quicker.  But I’m afraid the injector tip that broke off may have damaged the turbo on its way out.  The boost still builds but the turbo sound is nonexistent and what you can hear sounds quite aspirated.  Not sure what to make of it.  I’ll take it off and look at it but I’m wondering which turbo I should go with.  Should I just get another hx35 or is there something that will fit my upgraded setup better? 

Only way to tell is to separate the cartridge from the turbine housing and take a looksee at the turbine wheel.  The safe play is to go with another hx35 or similar size to avoid having to get studded and upgrading your clutch.  If you don't mind getting studs then you can't do any better than a Borg Warner SXE62.  It will increase power further and tow like a champ while keeping temps in check.  Your clutch may or may not like it depending on your driving habits. 

Edited by Bullet

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is back together.  The tunes I downloaded for the quad are working great with the injectors. The new hx35 has delivered 32 pounds of boost and I haven’t even put the pedal to the floor or dialed in the adjustable boost elbow.  And I threw on a pac brake for good measure!  Truck is a whole new machine.  Thanks to you all and this website for getting me through the scrapes over the years!

Edited by trailhead
  • Like 3