• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel shut off solenoid

• Staff

So if i want to put a cool down timer where do you make it Hot to keep the truck running

Off the top of my head I am not sure if you would ever get the truck to shutdown if you did that. The under-hood temps will rise quickly at a stopped idle, so I would assume fuel temps would rise as well. I guess the next question for Mike to answer is this, will the VP44 return fuel if the VP44 has no power? i.e fuel pump runs for 1 minute after truck shuts off?

• Owner

I guess the next question for Mike to answer is this, will the VP44 return fuel if the VP44 has no power? i.e fuel pump runs for 1 minute after truck shuts off?

No... Sad to say I did a video on this and shocking to see at 17 PSI it can't pass enough fuel to open the return line...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREpPrMxkHU

--- Update to the previous post...

That's funny you posted the same thing... :lol::lmao2:

call or look at edge's site and BD diesel has them to...my edge juice w/att.hook's into the little fuse on the driver's side of the dash where the door meets the dash..and it is hooked to fuse number 9....i will go to there site and get a pic..hang on a moment...well i cannot copy and paste it..but i just looked and it hooks to number 9 fuse.a good picture is on there site edgeproducts.com left side at the bottom it says edge juice with att 98.5 to 02 and to the right is an "i"...click on that an there is some nice color up close pics.:thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

mike what is that wire hanging down from the top of your pump??wire tap?

• 7 years later...
On 9/15/2010 at 4:26 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually its internal to the pump... Take notice to pin #5 has the fuel shut off signal

Posted Image

Sounds like it’s in reference to the #5 pin with the fuel shut off signal :shrug: