• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elshadow001

Fuel shut off solenoid

elshadow001    0
elshadow001

Time for another question!Where is my fuel shut off solenoid located on my 2002 24 valve?Thanks Ahead

ISX    58
ISX

As far as I know there isn't one. You turn the key off and it turns the lift pump off and the VP44 computer stops doing anything.

AH64ID    651
AH64ID

I didn't think the VP had one either, the VP44 loses power and stops metering fuel.

elshadow001    0
elshadow001

So if i want to put a cool down timer where do you make it Hot to keep the truck running

AH64ID    651
AH64ID

So if i want to put a cool down timer where do you make it Hot to keep the truck running

Off the top of my head I am not sure if you would ever get the truck to shutdown if you did that. The under-hood temps will rise quickly at a stopped idle, so I would assume fuel temps would rise as well. I guess the next question for Mike to answer is this, will the VP44 return fuel if the VP44 has no power? i.e fuel pump runs for 1 minute after truck shuts off?

Mopar1973Man    3,801
Mopar1973Man

I guess the next question for Mike to answer is this, will the VP44 return fuel if the VP44 has no power? i.e fuel pump runs for 1 minute after truck shuts off?

No... Sad to say I did a video on this and shocking to see at 17 PSI it can't pass enough fuel to open the return line...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREpPrMxkHU

--- Update to the previous post...

That's funny you posted the same thing... :lol::lmao2:

ISX    58
ISX

There I deleted mine so they wouldn't see how slow you are. :lmao:

AH64ID    651
AH64ID

Bummer, I really can't see any other way to cool the VP any better.

white01    0
white01

call or look at edge's site and BD diesel has them to...my edge juice w/att.hook's into the little fuse on the driver's side of the dash where the door meets the dash..and it is hooked to fuse number 9....i will go to there site and get a pic..hang on a moment...well i cannot copy and paste it..but i just looked and it hooks to number 9 fuse.a good picture is on there site edgeproducts.com left side at the bottom it says edge juice with att 98.5 to 02 and to the right is an "i"...click on that an there is some nice color up close pics.:thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

mike what is that wire hanging down from the top of your pump??wire tap?